Anyone's Son

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Dazed and Confused

November 5 2009 at 9:28 AM
Hillstreetblues  (Login Hillstreetblues)

I graduated from Hills in 78. I guess I was just trying to survive adolescence in high school just like millions of other kids across this country do everyday. After receiving my diploma on a warm June evening I pulled out of the school parking lot and never looked back for some 31 years. Not because of any traumatic experiences or nightmarish memories. Yeah sure we had our share of low-life bullies, passive burn-outs, self absorbed jocks and stuck-up J.A.P.s. But I left it all behind back then simply because I felt no connection after spending four years there. Today however I find myself trying to make sense of it. The people, the place, the era, the point of it all?

I never kept in touch with anyone since graduating. Now I cant stop wondering what ever became of everyone. Ironically, after reading this message board I imagine some of the most likely to folks never really did. While the some of the most unlikely to folks most certainly did. Some classmates may have passed on early and unexpectedly. Some may have struggled with inner demons on won - others probably still continue that battle everyday. Overall I would like to believe that most of my old friends and classmates settled into a fairly normal and productive routine of life. Married with a nice homes, good kids and successful jobs, etc. etc.

As for Harry I remember him. I did not know him personally nor did I have any ill will towards him. As a matter of fact I never spoke a single word to him. Quite frankly most of my memories from Hills are fuzzy. I can still see many of the faces but I cant place the names. Too many years gone by now I guess.

But oddly enough one memory does stand out in my mind as clear as yesterday. It is of Harry walking outside the front of the school on a sunny day in the Spring of 76. He was headed for his green Ford Torino in the parking lot below. Just as he got to the top of the staircase leading down to the lot someone yelled out, Hey, Harry-O got any guns in your trunk today? Harry stopped, turned and with a sly smile across his face, nodded and replied, Yeah, I do.

Respond to this message   

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
Find more forums on MoviesCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement