church of God forum

Contact Us-IVox Populi blog

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Forum  

Shunned Ex Mennonites and closing down this forum

September 27 2011 at 5:20 AM

Fred  (Login bawar)

shunned ex mennonites

This is a site for exed Mennonites and their families and friends that are not members or are exed.

Is there any other sites that forum friends go to that they want posted into the archive?

Pr 11:3 The integrity of the upright guides them

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply

Fred
(Login bawar)

Re: Shunned Ex Mennonites and closing down this forum

September 27 2011, 5:38 AM 

What do you all think about me or someone else opening a facebook page for people that are members and want to make contact with teh exed or other members. Has someone else has already done it or is there someone willing to do it and wants to post the link?

I don't like the anonymity on this forum for it begets trolls that are onerous and need too much housekeeping.

Facebook you can just "unfriend" them!

Pr 11:3 The integrity of the upright guides them

This message has been edited by bawar on Sep 27, 2011 5:59 AM

Nas
(Login Naz20)

September 27 2011, 7:14 AM 

Fred, I don't like a forum where you become like the holdemans,, and kick people off at will. This is like Steven did, all I did was make a comment about crashing the party the Canadians were having, and it got into Carols rear, causing weeping and gnashing of teeth, of course Steven the anti-American jerk he is, kicked me off. It was ridiculous.
Then the "owner" can play favorites like mutterload does and delete at will. Its not fair play with that type forum. I'd rather deal with the Derow's and Roy's they are entertaining. It does however bring on guys like Freenindeed who have no background of holdeman, allowing his radical religion to be posted. But thats part of the game.
You've done a fantastic job with this forum, I have appreciated you from the beginning.You are a fine fine dude, believe me you are! I 'm sorry, I absolutly will not say that of your other moderaters ! sad.gif
I haver no intentions of going over to Shunned, especially if that's where the rest are posting that used to be on here.They wouldn't let me be their "friend " anyway, nor do I want to be theirs, so were all happy people! happy.gif

This message has been edited by Naz20 on Sep 27, 2011 7:20 AM

GM
(Login GMman1)

September 27 2011, 10:34 AM 

>>What do you all think about me or someone else opening a facebook page for people that are members and want to make contact with the exed or other members.

I would like to see a facebook site as you described...where holdeman members could post and also ex's. I would like to know if you have had any more support for it.

calledoutPTL
(Login erv123)

September 27 2011, 11:58 AM 

On facebook or a group as Fred mentioned, you have to use your real names. You would find out that a lot of people won't write what they feel or their opinions if they think everyone will read it. wink.gif and know who they really are between holdemans and the ex's. Depends on what a person wants. i too think Fred as done a good job.

Nas
(Login Naz20)

September 27 2011, 3:29 PM 

"I would like to see a facebook site as you described...where holdeman members could post and also ex's."

Well, dang me, would somebody explain to me why that can't be done on this forum??? I mean what have we been

doing here??? You holdemans can't take the heat here, then you cry and run off. You don't have to use your real

name here, no way you double faced holdemans would do it on facebook, you have to use your real names.

Most of you have posted on this site using multiple names already. Now come on GM whats a "new" site going

to change? How will that be easier????

Brent
(Login BrentU)

September 27 2011, 5:51 PM 

Nas,

Can anyone get righteous enough for you? Blah, blow, bray, whine, blah, blah, blah, blow, blow, blow, whine, whine, whine, digging up sh*t from Steven's Kingdom Come, blah, blow, whine, Derow, blah, Roy, blah, FreeNdeed, blah, Brenty the hermit, blah, blah, blah, Mutterload, blah, blah bray, bray.

Have a drink on me.

Bye

Brent

Nas
(Login Naz20)

September 27 2011, 6:44 PM 

Goodness, goodness,,, your touchy when you're name is left out of the a$$hole arena Brent,sorry bout that! happy.gif

Carolyn Dyck-Maynard
(Login Carolyn_M)

Fred

September 27 2011, 11:59 PM 

"What do you all think about me or someone else opening a facebook page for people that are members and want to make contact with teh exed or other members. Has someone else has already done it or is there someone willing to do it and wants to post the link?"

I think it would be a great idea if people could be open enough to use their real names...and honestly excgange their feeling and thoughts in a rational manner...

But as CalleOut stated...most people would not use their own names and not really be honest with their true thoughts...(Paraphrased)

[linked image]

Amos
(Login AmosB1)

September 28 2011, 7:33 AM 

There have been numerous threads on this forum that I hate to see get permenently deleted. I like to search this site for old post etc. Is it possible to somehow download this whole site, before it is gone?

Personally I wish this site would continue and the annoying adds be removed. I don't know what it would cost per year to remove the adds, but dividing it up among ten people should not be to expensive. happy.gif

God Bless
Amos

Herman
(Login Healthie)

C;psomgpwm

September 29 2011, 6:57 AM 

I would be interested in knowing what it would cost to delete the ads.

Steven Thiessen
(Login StevenThiessen)
Registered Users

October 1 2011, 4:51 AM 

Nascar: You just sound bitter and offended.

Tirone
(Login Tirone)
coGchat

October 5 2011, 8:59 AM 

I've found that I can survive quite well without taking part in any forums. I just happened to check this one today and found this thread. I would be sad to see this forum deleted permanently. Like Amos, I sometimes, or at least I may, want to review information here. I've tried downloading the entire forum before without success but maybe someone knows of a successful way to do this and make it available for everyone. Otherwise wouldn't it be possible to just leave it as it is for people to view as desired or will Network54 eventually delete it if there is no activity?

I'm not sure what people are complaining about annoying ads. Maybe that has been changed since I last checked into this site but I've never gotten ads. Maybe it's the browser your using and maybe you need one with ad-blocking capabilities.

**And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.**

Kempek
(Login kempec99)

October 24 2011, 7:36 AM 

I am a relative newcomer to this forum. Yes, I am an exx, and yes, I still vent about things. That is the stage I am in, I guess. I also have a hard time letting blatant bull-stuff go by. I value the anonymity of this place, because of very real threats made by someone who used to be a part of my life; going on a facebook-based site would open the door to all kinds of cyber-unpleasantness, translating into real-world misery. Is there, then, no safe place for someone who is still trying to deal with the effects of holdemanism without letting the whole world take a chance at you? If the ads are all that is causing this forum to shut down, someone give us a number in dollars that 5 or 10 of us could kick in. Maybe if there are found ten "righteous", the forum will not be destroyed...

Brent
(Login BrentU)

October 24 2011, 8:02 PM 

Kempec,

As far as I'm concerned this is the flagship forum for holdemanism and exholdemanism for the simple fact it's the outrider in the wilderness of religious inclined debate that didn't stop there because so much more in life is related to where we came from. The forum evolved into sharing of different subjects and other works. It's part of the initial forums that found its ideal voice in this network.......which really all that amounts to is there's more to life than intense love or hate of religion, or defence or slander of any certain religion.

I'll tell you what the forum performed! It drew people out, revealed them, lit their hypocrisy up like the sun. Look Kempec, the religious inclined people are gone. I don't slight them for this because I wouldn't treat them anymore like I have in the past, not because I believe differently, but because I have no criticism for it anymore. Let religion talk again without me. It needs to come back and finish its job, that is overcome. You show that desire.

I still check in once a day if I don't forget. But if the forum should revive, I'd like to leave some prose or some insights from time to time. I especially enjoyed the music threads and the rare everyday stories that came by from time to time showing something in life. Nothing will outdo experience. It's a true teacher.

Brent

Nas
(Login Naz20)

October 25 2011, 7:18 AM 

" You show that desire.

Oh lordy, you have reached the highest of life's goal, that is, Brents approval. Goodness,,, what's left in life for you? Nothing, even heaven isn't this grand!

Brent
(Login BrentU)

October 25 2011, 7:47 AM 

Nas,

You're to old and foolish to change now. You don't even have the power to provoke anymore.

Brent

Nas
(Login Naz20)

October 25 2011, 8:27 AM 

Then why did you respond? Of all,, you are the easiest. happy.gif

Nas
(Login Naz20)

October 25 2011, 11:18 AM 

Well dang Brent, I think I've got lots of power, just ask Nickster, he says I shut down this whole forum,,, thats power, dude.

Brent
(Login BrentU)

October 25 2011, 6:23 PM 

"Then why did you respond? Of all,, you are the easiest."

Don't be stupid Nas, I don't respond to you half the time, and when I do I have no passion for it. It's just that you need rebuking so there's something to consider your enormous errors with. You're not going to get out of it being innocent. Not with some of the unjust sh*t you've said to me.

Brent

< Previous Page 1 2 Next >
  Respond to this message   
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Forum  
Create your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  
Caution: This forum may contain statements and comments that are offensive. If you are easily offended, please exit this forum now. By using this forum you agree to be accountable and liable for your post's. All postings are the responsibility of the posting participant. The opinions expressed are not necessarily those of the management.

Click here to see Fair use notice What the CGCM believes, (Stoppels site)