If you make a donation to the Canadian Breast Cancer
 Foundation, please mention "lacrosse" in a note with
 the donation. At my request, in memory of my wife
 Brenda, the CBCF will then direct the funds to a
 facility seeking a "cure", rather than a "control".

Highest Score

by (Login wamper23)

While I was waiting for my chili to heat up prior to the Windsor Warlock game I got thinking, which team has scored the most goals in the history of Senior A/Major lacrosse. I did a quick check and the best I could come up with was June 16, 1953 St.Kitts 35, Brampton 8. I know I've never come across a 40 goal game so until someone proves me wrong I guess that record stands until... I won't say it.

I was actually there the Oshawa Green Gaels set the Junior A record on Monday, June 9, 1969 beating Peterborough 45-10.Johnny Clayton had 9 goals and 5 assists. There were some pretty fair lacrosse players in that Peterborough lineup that night, including a tall lanky kid by the name of John Grant. That's the senior one.

Now a drum roll please.... . I believe it was junior C without looking it up but the score ... Huntsville Teentowners 57, Markham 3. Funny thing was John Clayton was playing for Huntsville this night and had a mesely 4 goals and 3 assists. The big guns were Wayne Hope 9+3, Larry Ireland 9+8. I won't mention who the goaltender was for the Markham team.

Posted on Jul 24, 2004, 5:58 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home
Responses

1. re:. Darren, Jul 24, 2004, 6:46 PM
  2. Where do you find all this info??? n/m. Ham_Heads, Jul 24, 2004, 9:11 PM
    1. answer to Ham_heads. , Jul 24, 2004, 10:55 PM
      1. Re: answer to Ham_heads. Ham_Heads, Jul 25, 2004, 4:18 AM
        1. Wamp's the Don......... , Jul 25, 2004, 3:00 PM