If you make a donation to the Canadian Breast Cancer
 Foundation, please mention "lacrosse" in a note with
 the donation. At my request, in memory of my wife
 Brenda, the CBCF will then direct the funds to a
 facility seeking a "cure", rather than a "control".

Interesting Lighting play...

by Tsitshoh (Login tsitshoh)

She:kon!

One play the Lightning were on top of was board play on missed or intentionally missed shots. Or, as the shot clock wound down and they dropped a freebie, there was always a Lightning player to follow up on any rebound and they gained a fresh clock back on more than a few occasions. The Gaels will have to be careful of that or they are going to get burned on those plays. Conversely, the Gaels did the usual clock-winding-down freebie shot and turned back when they themselves could have gained possession of the ball on the rebound.

The Lightning are definitely the fastest team the Gaels have played all year and on several occasions the Gaels were simply outrun by speedy Lightning players. I think for the first two periods the Gaels were on their heels at times which led to some uncharacteristic sloppy passes. Must have been a interesting between period chat in the dressing room because the Gaels came out flying in the third and used their speed to advantage.

From where I was sitting, Dusty's goal was, as my son put it, "phenomenal!" Dustin is more known as the face-off guy and a bruiser D guy, but how he broke away from three Lightning on the left side was something to see! I am sure he was giving every last ounce of energy to get to the net and was rewarded. Nice goal Dusty!

On Baker's two to open the third, honourable mention goes to Steve Truzak for gaining possession on the face-offs and surviving the beating to get the ball to a man in the clear. On the second goal Steve was basically sitting on the floor with three Lightning defenders trying to whack the ball away and he kept his cool and got the ball out to the open man.

And yeah Paul, that was probably the best reffed game at Rickards all year. Let 'em play makes for a great game and that is what we saw. I am sure last night's game will still be the buzz when the whistle goes this aft at 2.

Long live fast-break lacrosse!

Skennen

...Tsitshoh...

Posted on Jul 25, 2004, 10:02 AM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home
Responses

1. Agreed!. Paul Whiteside, Jul 25, 2004, 12:17 PM