CHRIS CRAFT COMMANDER FORUM ® .......A photo-intensive technical reference file and ongoing newsletter regarding the original fiberglass Chris-Craft Commander series. This is an independent not-for-profit and non-commercial web site, not affiliated with the Chris Craft Commander Club ~~ or ~~ Chris-Craft Corporation. Our mission here is to "have fun and share information" about the Commander series (and those associated fiberglass boats on the Chris-Craft family tree) for your individual personal use, and by doing so help promote the good name of Chris-Craft, and help preserve, restore, and appreciate Chris-Craft boats. The main reference feature is the ever expanding MASTER INDEX File which contains what we believe to be the world's largest collection of documentation photos and technical information on the Chris-Craft Commander line of boats, (like these original brochure scans, featuring the iconic first 38 Commander styled by Fred Hudson, and many of the great Dick Avery renditions that followed) , (a huge collection of Chris-Craft 427 tuning and specification information), and a few words about how to use the forum.

We extend to you a cordial "WELCOME ABOARD !" Come on in, make yourself at home, we are a friendly group of enthusiasts, and we also appreciate the classic Chris Craft Roamer, Corsair, and Lancer boats too , as they are all on the same family tree and share much in common !

This forum is registered as chriscraftcommander.com

Return to index  

Sunday wrap-up ! ( Lots of photos )

June 27 2010 at 12:13 PM
Paul  (no login)

Response to ---> BAY HARBOR UPDATE <--- ( DEADLINE )

Well there was so much going on I was not able to post too many images during the day, and now that things have settled down I'm sitting here on a beach chair looking out at the lake, with a little time to upload some photos. Last night we attended the wine tasting party at the YC, it was fun and the facility is beyond description. I guess I just don't get out of town too often, ha. Today we attended the morning brunch for exhibitors at the YC again and had the pleasure of visiting such a nice facility with so may nice people. The entire ACBS organization is a warm and receptive group, and we promote the same here on The Forum.

Here are some photos pretty much random, showing off some of the boats and cars. A special thanks to Mike and Sue Watson for bringing a really nice 35' Sports Cruiser (I got a ride on that one !!), for Bill Policastro and his buddy Stephen Adcock, Al and Kimberly Langlois, Lolly Bezy, Candy and Peter Fitzsimmons, Jerry Vander Vusse, Jeff Rogers, Tom Flood, Diana Webb, and many others I'm sure I've overlooked.

In my mind, this was the FINEST boat at the show, the Hacker Dolphin owned by my buddy Tom Flood. However, since Tom was on the judging committee, he removed it from the competition. It was PERFECT. The boat was painted black when it was running booze, then it was painted white, moved to the Muskoka islands where the deck was eventually cut off to haul supplies. When Tom got it, it was being used to haul propane bottles to the cottages around Lake Muskoka. The steering wheel and instruments stayed with the boat. In it's present condition, it is in better shape than a new one would be if it came off the original production line. The workmanship is beyond perfection.
[linked image]
[linked image]
[linked image]

Here's RUNAWAY JANE, I think that could be Jane standing on the dock by the way, and Gerry Vande Vusse giving a hand with the boat.
[linked image]

Here's Gerry looking at a Chris Craft Racing Runabout with original power. The one in the background has been repowered with a new Mercruiser engine package, and it was very well prepared. The EASY DAISY, however, won "Best Race Boat", and the original power factor helped put this boat in top contention.
[linked image]

The Greavette Streamliner, this one was a category winner. I asked Tom Flood about the screw fasteners that appeared to be a version of a phillps head type screw, he confirmed they were proper screws, Canadian, and introduced in 1938.
[linked image]

Here's a beautifully maintained Sea Skiff. This photo was taken Friday morning when all the boats were coming in.
[linked image]

Here's quite a contrast, the show in wide open throttle! That little FiberForm in the photo won the "Best Classic Glass" award, and I was not too happy to see it there because had that boat not showed up, a Chris Craft Commander would have won the prize, being the only other brand of classic glass at the show! However, one look at this rare little boat with a 161-hp Gray inline six, and it was quite evident this would be the winner. All the judges readily agreed.
[linked image]

More photos in next thread !!

Regards,

Paul

This message has been edited by FEfinaticP on Sep 26, 2014 11:29 AM
This message has been edited by FEfinaticP on Jul 7, 2010 12:01 PM
This message has been edited by FEfinaticP on Jul 7, 2010 11:45 AM
This message has been edited by FEfinaticP on Jul 1, 2010 10:45 AM
This message has been edited by FEfinaticP on Jul 1, 2010 10:44 AM

Respond to this message   
Responses

Contact the Chris Craft Commander Forum
chriscraftcommander@hotmail.com

©2005, ©2006, ©2007, ©2008, ©2009, ©2010, ©2010, ©2011, ©2012, ©2013, ©2014, Chris-Craft Commander Forum, Inc., ®, also known as ChrisCraftCommander.com. and the Chris Craft Commander Forum, Inc.; Information and intellectual property on this not-for-profit non-commercial site may be copied for individual personal use, but any other reproduction or use requires written approval. Any entity who mines this site for names, material, or their other commercial/financial benefit in any way is subject to copyright and intellectual property law; the integrity of this site will be aggressively protected. The material here is for individual personal use and is not to be otherwise used or reproduced. Chris Craft is a registered trademark of Chris-Craft. Neither Chris-Craft nor any subsidiaries of Chris-Craft shall bear any responsibility for the chriscraftcommander.com content, comments, or advertising. Chris-Craft Commander Forum, Inc., is independent from Chris-Craft Corporation, and not affiliated with the Chris-Craft Commander Club in any way; it is an independent educational-based not-for-profit entity that is intended to share free information and have fun. Copyright/trademark/sales mark infringements are not intended, or implied.