CHRIS CRAFT COMMANDER FORUM ® .......A photo-intensive technical reference file and ongoing newsletter regarding the original fiberglass Chris-Craft Commander series. This is an independent not-for-profit and non-commercial web site, not affiliated with the Chris Craft Commander Club ~~ or ~~ Chris-Craft Corporation. Our mission here is to "have fun and share information" about the Commander series (and those associated fiberglass boats on the Chris-Craft family tree) for your individual personal use, and by doing so help promote the good name of Chris-Craft, and help preserve, restore, and appreciate Chris-Craft boats. The main reference feature is the ever expanding MASTER INDEX File which contains what we believe to be the world's largest collection of documentation photos and technical information on the Chris-Craft Commander line of boats, (like these original brochure scans, featuring the iconic first 38 Commander styled by Fred Hudson, and many of the great Dick Avery renditions that followed) , (a huge collection of Chris-Craft 427 tuning and specification information), and a few words about how to use the forum.

We extend to you a cordial "WELCOME ABOARD !" Come on in, make yourself at home, we are a friendly group of enthusiasts, and we also appreciate the classic Chris Craft Roamer, Corsair, and Lancer boats too , as they are all on the same family tree and share much in common !

This forum is registered as chriscraftcommander.com

Return to index  

Incredible group we have assembled here !! DOUBLE WOW !!

June 21 2012 at 11:02 AM
Paul  (no login)

[linked image]

We have seen some really spectacular projects over the last few years that have helped jump start the present day Commander
craze and the tendency for Commander owners to also turn to the classic fiberglass runabouts to compliment their boating fun.
Past projects that were truly spectacular include those by the following people, in no particular order, the following people
didnt just buy a nice boat, they made significant upgrades to the boat they had and in some cases completely rebuilt it from
the keel-up with their own two hands. I am sure I have overlooked someone and my apology for doing so, but here is a list of
some pretty hallowed Commander faithful, who have done the work themselves: (We salute all of you)

Mike Watson, Jerry Namken, Warren Pateman, Gary Anderson, John Austin, , Bill Basler, Dean Beliveau, Didier Bonnot, Philippe Boulanger,
Kevin Bray, Mike Burdette, Scott Cadle, Robert DaPron, Dick Dow, Norm Edwards, Glenn Feilhauer, Keith Ferrio, Joe Fonte, Bill Foss,
Bill Frondorf, Greg Gajcak, Lisa and Mike Gibson, Leslie and Jeff Grashel, Tim Gressett, Greg Grow, Doug Harris, Don Hancock, Terry Hart,
Curt Hill, David Hoover, Bryan Huntley, Jake Jacobs, Eric Jensen, Greg Kay, George Klein, John Kloka, Bob Koss, David Krugler, David Kwartler,
Doug Lambert, Al Langolis, Steve Lolacono, Steve Lendzion, Paul LeRoux, Bruce Martin, Paul Mathias, Mercrewser, Ed Meyer, Jay Meyerson,
Bill Millar, Bill Mulvey, Bill Murray, Nadia and Jerry Namken, Tom Nicholas, Eric Nordac, Mike OBrien, Garry Otto,
Warren Pateman, Jim Peters, Heidi Pigeon, Bill Policastro, Rob Schiller, Chris Smith, Mark Smith, Bill Smoot, Ron Smoker, Ron Stevenson,
Wes Stinson, Brian Tait, Thibaud, Jeff Vail, Lily and David Varnadore, Herman Vess, Chris Wade, Jeff Watkins, Deb and Mark Weller, Ray Willis,.
A side note here, we list Deb Weller specifically because she dressed Mark in the tux before he rebuilt his Q-motor blindfolded a while back.

We are aware of many other fine boats that have been used as examples and a standard, but the names above represent some of the people
who shared their work in progress here on The Forum. I know I have left many people out, so my apologies up front.

Now we have projects that are continuing due to the inspiration showcased in the past, with Rich Duane, Jim Peters (again), Jerry Namken (again),
Lisa and Mike Gibson (again), Glenn Feilhauer (again), Eric Jensen (again), Mark Weller (again), Chad Durren, Darren Klink, Chris Wade (again),
Craig Judge, Stellar Steve, Cliff, Craig Lindberg, Justin Botham, Kevin Bray, Philip Croff, Greg Kay, Horst, Martin Dahl, Doug Harris, Matt Taylor,
Greg Mason, Peter Davison, Ron Sherman, Scott Cadle, Corey, Brian Tait (again), Randy Bicknese, Thomas Knafve, Horst Naroska, Ben, Will,
Marc Johnson, Dennis Collier, Goeran Fogelmarck, and the list goes on and on, because I just looked at the first few pages of THE FORUM to
see who was posting. Gentlemen, we salute you all!

Needless to say, there are very many other VALUABLE contributors who either send in technical information or showcase their own well maintained
boats to help others see original features, and just share in the fun of classic Chris Craft ownership, operation, and history. Some of these
people acquired spectacular boats that did not need restoration, and they maintain them in tip top condition; these contributors are extremely
valuable too because they can assit with original details, many operational and maintenance issues, and the general fun of classic boat ownership.
Now if I would start into the list of contributors who have not necessarily restored a Commander or Corsair/Lancer project themselves, I would start
off with the likes of Herb Pocklington and the list would extend around the world. Lenny are you there Downunder? Gentlemen, we salute all of
you too !

All said and done, the group weve assembled here is pretty spectacular in every way. It represents the real brain trust here in North America
and abroad, regarding the classic golden era of fiberglass Chris Craft runabouts and cruisers.

I know of no other group that would be able to obtain a higher test score regarding the classic fiberglass Chris Craft boats than the
group we have assembled here on THE FORUM.

So now gents..lets get out there and scour the Craigslist and ebay listing for more restoration candidates, and for those of you (like me)
who may be lagging a bit on your own projects, it is time to allocate some quality time (and send in those photos, history and tech tips)! Lol

Cheers!

Lets go boating.

Paul

Postings do well with photos, so here is an example of a boat now in Stockholm Sweden being restored with informatin obtained here on The Forum. Thank you Goeran Fogelmarck for sending in these great images of your V6-powered 18' transdrive Sea Skiff.

[linked image]
[linked image]

Respond to this message   
Responses

Contact the Chris Craft Commander Forum
chriscraftcommander@hotmail.com

©2005, ©2006, ©2007, ©2008, ©2009, ©2010, ©2010, ©2011, ©2012, ©2013, ©2014, Chris-Craft Commander Forum, Inc., ®, also known as ChrisCraftCommander.com. and the Chris Craft Commander Forum, Inc.; Information and intellectual property on this not-for-profit non-commercial site may be copied for individual personal use, but any other reproduction or use requires written approval. Any entity who mines this site for names, material, or their other commercial/financial benefit in any way is subject to copyright and intellectual property law; the integrity of this site will be aggressively protected. The material here is for individual personal use and is not to be otherwise used or reproduced. Chris Craft is a registered trademark of Chris-Craft. Neither Chris-Craft nor any subsidiaries of Chris-Craft shall bear any responsibility for the chriscraftcommander.com content, comments, or advertising. Chris-Craft Commander Forum, Inc., is independent from Chris-Craft Corporation, and not affiliated with the Chris-Craft Commander Club in any way; it is an independent educational-based not-for-profit entity that is intended to share free information and have fun. Copyright/trademark/sales mark infringements are not intended, or implied.