CHRIS CRAFT COMMANDER FORUM ® .......A photo-intensive technical reference file and ongoing newsletter regarding the original fiberglass Chris-Craft Commander series. This is an independent not-for-profit and non-commercial web site, not affiliated with the Chris Craft Commander Club ~~ or ~~ Chris-Craft Corporation. Our mission here is to "have fun and share information" about the Commander series (and those associated fiberglass boats on the Chris-Craft family tree) for your individual personal use, and by doing so help promote the good name of Chris-Craft, and help preserve, restore, and appreciate Chris-Craft boats. The main reference feature is the ever expanding MASTER INDEX File which contains what we believe to be the world's largest collection of documentation photos and technical information on the Chris-Craft Commander line of boats, (like these original brochure scans, featuring the iconic first 38 Commander styled by Fred Hudson, and many of the great Dick Avery renditions that followed) , (a huge collection of Chris-Craft 427 tuning and specification information), and a few words about how to use the forum.

We extend to you a cordial "WELCOME ABOARD !" Come on in, make yourself at home, we are a friendly group of enthusiasts, and we also appreciate the classic Chris Craft Roamer, Corsair, and Lancer boats too , as they are all on the same family tree and share much in common ! Just start by posting a note introducing yourself to the group, that's all it takes here (we don't ask for or retain any personal information here, because our intention is to just "have fun and share information".

This forum is registered as chriscraftcommander.com

My 1965 Chris Craft Fiberglass Sea Skiff is for sale

October 28 2013 at 10:44 PM
Dave Krugler  (no login)

Hello to all;

I've decided to sell the Sea Skiff so decided to put an ad on the Commanders site before listing it elsewhere. According to the Michigan watercraft title it is a 1965 model. According to the Chris Craft hull card it is hull number GUA-200-012N powered by it original numbers matching Chris Craft 327-F 210hp V8 serial number 705576. I've probably only put 20hrs on the boat since restoring it and it's time for someone else to enjoy it.

I paid 8,500.00 for boat and trailer and have receipts for over 20,000.00 for material plus about 9mos labor into it. It is absolutely turn-key and I have all kinds of literature for it including parts manuals, 327-F manual, sales literature, Chris Craft hull card, design drawings and wiring diagram from Mariners and a very good file with pictures and descriptions of all that has been done to the boat. It had all new wood and upholstery including correct Nautolex floor coverings and new side panel vinyl trim. It has authentic new shop built front seats built from the info Paul sent me from his original Chris Craft seats. The windshield was totally rebuilt with all new glass, seals, regulators and wiper. The Toast colored Sunbrella canvas is virtually new as the boat is stored in my garage in the UP where the boat spends most of it's time covered with the cockpit cover. The convertible top has been on it a couple of times, side curtains and stern cover have never even been put on the boat since I brought it home from Joe Madonia's canvas shop. The boat was completely rewired with proper fuse protection for everything. It has dual batteries sitting in new hold downs with all new cables and Guest battery switch. It has 2 new bilge pumps one in the bow, one in the stern that have never been run except for testing. The few weeks time the boat has spent in the water it doesn't leak enough to set them off. I built it a new instrument panel with restored gauges from Dale Kocian. Almost every chrome part was re-chromed by Graves Plating. I simplified the added on electronics by replacing compass, speedometer and fish finder with a Garmin GPSMAP 431S with built in depth sounder and thru-hull mounted transducer. The boat has a nice Icom VHF marine radio with Shakespeare fiberglass antenna. The Garmin is mounted to the dash support rod with a Ram clamp mount so there are no mounting holes in the fiberglass and it is not in the line of sight. The foredeck has a nice stainless trumpet horn and period correct Taylor dash controlled spotlight, deck mounted Fortress anchor with rope deck pipe and new anchor rode and 200' of anchor line. This summer I added a good Garelick heavy duty stern ladder that is removable with ball and socket type deck brackets. It has Lenco tabs and the bottom of the hull has never been painted. I also have a spare prop and shaft for the boat.

The engine has all new hoses, rebuilt distributor, carburetor fuel pump, raw water pump, new belts and has been stored with the cooling system flooded with permanent antifreeze. I have new spare rotor, cap, points, condenser, plugs and wires. It has a Carter low pressure electric fuel pump and a water separator.

The trailer is completely rebuilt with new galvanized wheels, tires, spare tire, complete replacement surge brake backing plate assemblies including new shoes and wheel cylinders, new brake lines from front to back new surge brake coupler, new self coiling safety cables, new winch strap, new lights and wiring, bearing buddies, heavy duty dolly wheel and new galvanized fenders. The Easy Loader is a full roller trailer that is very capable, easy to tow and ready to go anywhere.

I'd like to get 16,000.00 or a near offer for the boat, trailer and everything I have for it. Long time members of the Commanders site saw most of the work I did on the boat and I got a lot of help from folks for which I am deeply grateful. If interested please contact me at dkrugler@msn.com or (810)987-0923.

Thanks...

Dave

photo GUA200012MichiganTitle.jpg

photo GUA200012HullCard.jpg

photo P5240003.jpg

photo CC00620_zpsd964748a.jpg

photo CC00627_zps74970e9a.jpg

photo CC00664_zpscd61de28.jpg

photo SummerstartupCC20SeaSkiff021.jpg

photo P7040007.jpg

photo P7040016.jpg

photo P7040021.jpg

photo P8090001.jpg

photo TuckawaySept2013067_zps08203e84.jpg

EDIT COMMENT:

Before anyone reads further, here is a link to the total resoration of this boat.
If you are looking for documentation, there is NONE BETTER than this.

This is a two step link, hop to the first one below and see the note, then hop to
the MEGA THREAD as noted.

Enjoy the show !!!!

http://www.network54.com/Forum/424840/message/1321973337

Regards,

Paul
Forum moderator

This message has been edited by FEfinaticP on Oct 31, 2013 11:32 AM

Respond to this message   
Responses

Contact the Chris Craft Commander Forum
chriscraftcommander@hotmail.com

©2005, ©2006, ©2007, ©2008, ©2009, ©2010, ©2010, ©2011, ©2012, ©2013, ©2014, ©2015, ©2016, ©2017, ©2018, Chris-Craft Commander Forum, Inc., ®, also known as ChrisCraftCommander.com. and the Chris Craft Commander Forum, Inc.; Information and intellectual property on this not-for-profit non-commercial site may be copied for individual personal use, but any other reproduction or use requires written approval. Any entity who mines this site for names, material, or their other commercial/financial benefit in any way is subject to copyright and intellectual property law; the integrity of this site will be aggressively protected. The material here is for individual personal use and is not to be otherwise used or reproduced. Chris Craft is a registered trademark of Chris-Craft. Neither Chris-Craft nor any subsidiaries of Chris-Craft shall bear any responsibility for the chriscraftcommander.com content, comments, or advertising. Chris-Craft Commander Forum, Inc., is independent from Chris-Craft Corporation, and not affiliated with the Chris-Craft Commander Club in any way; it is an independent educational-based not-for-profit entity that is intended to share free information and have fun. Copyright/trademark/sales mark infringements are not intended, or implied.