CHRIS CRAFT COMMANDER FORUM ® .......A photo-intensive technical reference file and ongoing newsletter regarding the original fiberglass Chris-Craft Commander series. This is an independent not-for-profit and non-commercial web site, not affiliated with the Chris Craft Commander Club ~~ or ~~ Chris-Craft Corporation. Our mission here is to "have fun and share information" about the Commander series (and those associated fiberglass boats on the Chris-Craft family tree) for your individual personal use, and by doing so help promote the good name of Chris-Craft, and help preserve, restore, and appreciate Chris-Craft boats. The main reference feature is the ever expanding MASTER INDEX File which contains what we believe to be the world's largest collection of documentation photos and technical information on the Chris-Craft Commander line of boats, (like these original brochure scans, featuring the iconic first 38 Commander styled by Fred Hudson, and many of the great Dick Avery renditions that followed) , (a huge collection of Chris-Craft 427 tuning and specification information), and a few words about how to use the forum.

We extend to you a cordial "WELCOME ABOARD !" Come on in, make yourself at home, we are a friendly group of enthusiasts, and we also appreciate the classic Chris Craft Roamer, Corsair, and Lancer boats too , as they are all on the same family tree and share much in common ! Just start by posting a note introducing yourself to the group, that's all it takes here (we don't ask for or retain any personal information here, because our intention is to just "have fun and share information".

This forum is registered as chriscraftcommander.com

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>  

1972 Chris Craft Catalina

October 19 2012 at 4:52 AM
Ryan Cavanagh  (no login)

[linked image]

This message has been edited by FEfinaticP on Jan 5, 2018 11:17 AM

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
Ryan Cavanagh
(no login)

More pics...

October 19 2012, 4:55 AM 

28 Commander in background

Respond to this message   
Ooops, forgot to post my name
(no login)

Re: More pics...

October 19 2012, 4:57 AM 

[linked image]

This message has been edited by FEfinaticP on Jan 5, 2018 11:28 AM

Respond to this message   
Ryan Cavanagh
(no login)

Catalina...

October 19 2012, 4:58 AM 

[linked image]

This message has been edited by FEfinaticP on Jan 5, 2018 11:29 AM

Respond to this message   
Ryan Cavanagh
(no login)

Mermaid...

October 19 2012, 4:59 AM 

[linked image]

This message has been edited by FEfinaticP on Jan 5, 2018 11:30 AM

Respond to this message   
Ryan Cavanagh
(no login)

More pics....

October 19 2012, 5:08 AM 

[linked image]

[linked image]

[linked image]

[linked image]

This message has been edited by FEfinaticP on Jan 5, 2018 11:34 AM

Respond to this message   
Glenn F
(no login)

Nice Boat

October 19 2012, 7:44 AM 

What a nice looking boat. What waters are you on?

Glenn

Respond to this message   
Paul
(no login)

Beautiful !!! Stunning !!!

October 19 2012, 9:09 AM 

That is one very nice Chris Craft classic and it is in very impressive CLASSIC condition. You are to be congratulated for the acquisitiion and for the fact that the boat is in such superb condition. What a special treat it would be to get a ride aboard that one. I like the use of wood on this one, very nice accents, love the seating position atop the engine hatches too, almost like a living room or den environment but aboard a really cool classic. Looking at the sign above the fuel pumps and the palm trees, it seems that you are just upstream a bit from Lon and Susan, who are at Sausalito off San Francisco Bay !

Welcome aboard, please share whatever else you have about this beautiful boat, any tips, whatever.

Regards,

Paul

Respond to this message   
Ryan Cavanagh
(no login)

Northern California

October 19 2012, 9:57 AM 

The boat goes between San Francisco Bay & the Sacramento Delta.

Respond to this message   
Paul
(no login)

Lon and Sue keep their 23 Lancer at Sausilito, you should pay them a visit !

October 19 2012, 10:54 AM 

I guess you've seen the mothballed fleet up close eh?

What a wonderful area to have a boat, so many waterfront restaurants and clubs to visit. I'm envious. I spent quite a few years visiting the SF area due to the fact that we (as architect/real-estate developers) had projects in the area. We developed the Alameda County office building on Amador, in Hayward and also built a large class-A office building in Fresno along with a 900-car parking structure, all designed by SF architects we were in contact with over the many years it took to complete these project. Great location, I love the area.
[linked image] [linked image]

On the Hayward project I would tend to business based out of Union Square, SF, often taking BART underneath SF Bay to Hayward to see the job, then would BART back to Oakland where I would stop by Jack London Square and either have a beverage or lunch/dinner, take the ferry back to the Embarcadero, walk up through Chinatown, and meet up with the rest of the team for dinner, whatever. Of course I visited as many yacht clubs during this time as I could happy.gif On the project in Fresno I actually drove a rental car from SF to Fresno, saw a bit of the country, took the southern route back through Gilroy and then back northward to SF. Beautiful country, fabulous boating venue, lucky you !!

Regards,

Paul

Here is the link to Lon and Susan.
http://www.network54.com/Forum/424840/message/1350509223/The+PERFECT+runabout+for+San+Francisco+Bay

Respond to this message   
Will
(Login Hangingfor8)

Re: Lon and Sue keep their 23 Lancer at Sausilito, you should pay them a visit !

October 19 2012, 10:59 AM 

That's a great looking Catalina.

Respond to this message   
Kevin
(no login)

Size

October 19 2012, 3:43 PM 

How many feet?

Kevin

Respond to this message   
Ryan Cavanagh
(no login)

Re: Size

October 25 2012, 12:23 PM 

28 Feet. 10' 6" Beam

Respond to this message   
Guy
(Login GUYNJUNE)

CRUISIN'

February 20 2017, 1:45 PM 

I would like to chat with you about the 1972 CC Catalina "CRUSIN'". I owned that boat from about 1985 to about 1990. I did a lot on the boat and have some pics of before and after. Thanks Guy. guynjuneb@gmail.com
Guy Blessing

Respond to this message   

Ryan Cavanagh
(Premier Login FEfinaticP)
Owner

From Catalina to 42 Sport Cruiser COMMANDER !!

January 5 2018, 11:37 AM 

Hot news !!

Long time member of The FORUM, Ryan Cavanagh, just scored a beautiful 42 Sports Cruiser with 427 power. Major Congratulations are in order, this is one of my favorite Commanders, and it should be one heck of a great boat to cruise San Francisco Bay in !!

Regards,
Paul

[linked image]

And lest we forget.............Ryan has run a LOT of great Chris-Craft boats on SF Bay, and here is a link to his 30-foot Hunt-Designed Commander http://www.network54.com/Forum/424840/thread/1369072333/30'+Chris+Craft+Sportsman+-+San+Francisco

and a couple of photos of his "other" boats............... SOME PEOPLE have all the fun !!!!!!!!!!!!!

[linked image]

[linked image]

[linked image]

[linked image]
"\"\""

This message has been edited by FEfinaticP on Jan 5, 2018 12:55 PM

Respond to this message   
Phil P
(Login ppeters48)

Nice 42 SC

January 5 2018, 1:25 PM 

Is this the 42SC at Village West? I heard there was one there but I never got a chance to see it. We have a 42 SC at Sacramento Marina.
Phil P

Respond to this message   
Paul
(no login)

This 30-foot Hunt-designed Sportsman is ~~FOR SALE ~~ ( San Francisco )

March 26 2018, 8:24 PM 

Not cheap, but look at the spec and then TRY to find another one like it, then the price starts to look more in line with what the market will bear for this particular model.

This boat has a VERY well documented history here on The Forum. It was purchased a couple years ago and transported across the continental United States to San Francisco where it's been kept on the bay and run by a VERY experienced and capable captain. Ryan has the habit of maintaining great Chris-Craft boats to a very high standard, keeping them for a few years and then trading up to another one. This time he's letting this pristine diesel-powered 30 go in favor of a larger classic Chris-Craft, a great looking 42 Sports Cruiser Commander.

Here is the link https://sfbay.craigslist.org/eby/boa/d/chris-craft-sportsman/6523499457.html

[linked image]

[linked image]

1977 30' Chris Craft Sportsman - $125000

1977 30' Chris Craft Sportsman - Full restoration & upgrades - Email contact info if interested.

Some details about the boat;

The boat was restored on the East Coast in a production boatyard with skilled boat builders. I bought the boat in Maine & had it shipped to California.
During the restoration the deck was removed & all the systems where upgraded & re-engineered.
New Electrical panel & wiring, steering, Hull & Stringers re-enforced, Hull insulated.
Boat is painted w/ Awlgrip
Twin Cummins Turbo 5.9 6bta, Mechnical Fuel Injection. ZF Transmissions w/ trolling gear. 1,750 hours
Giant custom motor mounts, 1.5" shafts w/ PSS, Airsep Air intake, Raycore filters, Onboard Oil change system, Floscan gauges.
Michigan 4 Blade DQX Nibral Props
Custom fuel tank - 280 gallons
Custom Glass windows all around
Simrad NSS9 Evo2 Chartplotter, 4G Radar & Autopilot
Battery Charger, Inverter, All new LED light, Underwater lights. New Batteries - House/Start - 6 total
New Fusion Stereo
All Canvas is new Sunbrella w/isinglass. Had drop canvas cockpit cover & full Delta/winter enclosure for Fishing cockpit.
Vacuflush Toilet
Hot Water heater
New Refrigerator
Anchor windless, Power spotlight, Lewmar deck hatches (3)
Full Tuna tower with outriggers, unbolts & is off the boat now.
Viking 6 man life raft w/ Hydrostatic release, Epirb
do NOT contact me with unsolicited services or offers

This message has been edited by FEfinaticP on Mar 26, 2018 8:30 PM

Respond to this message   

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>  

Contact the Chris Craft Commander Forum
chriscraftcommander@hotmail.com

©2005, ©2006, ©2007, ©2008, ©2009, ©2010, ©2010, ©2011, ©2012, ©2013, ©2014, ©2015, ©2016, ©2017, ©2018, Chris-Craft Commander Forum, Inc., ®, also known as ChrisCraftCommander.com. and the Chris Craft Commander Forum, Inc.; Information and intellectual property on this not-for-profit non-commercial site may be copied for individual personal use, but any other reproduction or use requires written approval. Any entity who mines this site for names, material, or their other commercial/financial benefit in any way is subject to copyright and intellectual property law; the integrity of this site will be aggressively protected. The material here is for individual personal use and is not to be otherwise used or reproduced. Chris Craft is a registered trademark of Chris-Craft. Neither Chris-Craft nor any subsidiaries of Chris-Craft shall bear any responsibility for the chriscraftcommander.com content, comments, or advertising. Chris-Craft Commander Forum, Inc., is independent from Chris-Craft Corporation, and not affiliated with the Chris-Craft Commander Club in any way; it is an independent educational-based not-for-profit entity that is intended to share free information and have fun. Copyright/trademark/sales mark infringements are not intended, or implied.