CHRIS CRAFT COMMANDER FORUM ® .......A photo-intensive technical reference file and ongoing newsletter regarding the original fiberglass Chris-Craft Commander series. This is an independent not-for-profit and non-commercial web site, not affiliated with the Chris Craft Commander Club ~~ or ~~ Chris-Craft Corporation. Our mission here is to "have fun and share information" about the Commander series (and those associated fiberglass boats on the Chris-Craft family tree) for your individual personal use, and by doing so help promote the good name of Chris-Craft, and help preserve, restore, and appreciate Chris-Craft boats. The main reference feature is the ever expanding MASTER INDEX File which contains what we believe to be the world's largest collection of documentation photos and technical information on the Chris-Craft Commander line of boats, (like these original brochure scans, featuring the iconic first 38 Commander styled by Fred Hudson, and many of the great Dick Avery renditions that followed) , (a huge collection of Chris-Craft 427 tuning and specification information), and a few words about how to use the forum.

We extend to you a cordial "WELCOME ABOARD !" Come on in, make yourself at home, we are a friendly group of enthusiasts, and we also appreciate the classic Chris Craft Roamer, Corsair, and Lancer boats too , as they are all on the same family tree and share much in common ! Just start by posting a note introducing yourself to the group, that's all it takes here (we don't ask for or retain any personal information here, because our intention is to just "have fun and share information".

This forum is registered as chriscraftcommander.com

Goodbye PHOTOBUCKET, hello FOTKI, POSTIMAGE and TINYPIC !! (see updates being added)

July 1 2017 at 8:40 AM
Paul  (no login)

This is a "sticky" and it will remain at the top of The Forum for awhile until thw word gets out on the demise of Photobucket.

Before we get started I want to update everyone on the most recent tip. It's Fotki, and here is the link
http://www.network54.com/Forum/424840/message/1509159454/Thanks+from+a+tip+from+Hakan+in+Sweden%2C+Fotki+looks+VERY+PROMISING+%21%21%2C

Everything below this sentence represents the original message.

Photobucket (without warning) has changed their policy and now photos that you may have posted in the past will no longer be visible to anyone except yourself, unless you pay the ransom for the upgraded service of $39 per month.

If you are one of many people who have posted really good info here and you want to resurrect the images (free) you can either edit them yourself or just email them to me at ChrisCraftCommander@hotmail.com and I'll do it for you.

Since I have no choice but to pay the $39 per month in order to maintain The Forum, the images I post and have archived will remain intact, but the ones you posted won't unless you pay the price (which is robbery) or change over to another photo hosting service.

It's sad, because there are tens of millions of photos people have posted around the world on a lot of forums that will be gone unless Photobucket management changes their minds.

For now we'll assume they won't be changing their minds.

Things change.
Nothing stays the same forever.
Old computers and programs become obsolete.

The good news is "there are other photo hosting sites"

I will be testing alternative photo hosting sites for our readership and members here, and I will update my findings here on this thread.

For now here are two (2) that seem to work nicely, and fast too. The images below on this thread were posted on these services as a test and demo for everyone. I recommend everyone stop with Photobucket now and go with tinypic.com or postimg.org

Stay tuned,

regards,
Paul

HERE IS THE POSTIMG.ORG TEST BELOW

The next free photo hosting service is postimg.org, otherwise known as postimage.org and https://postimage.io/ (they're all the same thing, just different ways to get there).

(here is how it works)

postimg.org

Kent 12

HERE IS THE TINYPIC.COM TEST BELOW

The two images below wwre tested on tinypic.com (works pretty much like photobucket did in the past with the direct link)

[linked image]

[linked image]

Here is a new spot on the latest sad money grab news from P-bucket https://www.pcmag.com/news/354711/photobucket-breaks-image-links-across-the-internet

This message has been edited by FEfinaticP on Oct 27, 2017 11:04 PM

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
John Kloka
(no login)

$39??

July 1 2017, 10:15 AM 

39 Bucks a month is highway robbery!

Respond to this message   

Paul
(Premier Login FEfinaticP)
Owner

Yeah

July 1 2017, 12:41 PM 

People are fuming, many forums are impacted, it will be the death of some. Thankfully most of the photos here are mine, either directly or by virtue of my archiving the good stuff others post just to protect it. We will lose a lot of good images though.

I will say, if anyone wants to restore anything they've posted, you can email the photos to me and I'll archive them.

Everyone with Photobucket can still use it for their own use, but strangely, its now sorta a "cloud" that nobody else can see.

Regards,
Paul
"\"\""

Respond to this message   
Paul
(no login)

Thanks to modern science and......

July 2 2017, 3:57 PM 

.........some luck, I am able to back-track and save a lot of good stuff.
Don't ask how, and no it's not the Russians.

Regards,
Paul

Respond to this message   
Craig Wilson
(Login 6823)

Firefox compatability

July 4 2017, 8:16 AM 

Using Firefox as my browser I was not able to post pictures through photobucket, I guess there was a compatibility problem.
Do you know if this will still be a problem with this new picture posting service?

Craig

Respond to this message   

Paul
Owner

Don't know about Firefox

July 5 2017, 10:44 AM 

When I built the web site and added some features, I noticed it appeared differently on Firefox than it dit on Outlook, and I had to work on ways to make them both look the same.

Only time will tell, we'll have to just give it a try.

Regards,
Paul
"\"\""

Respond to this message   

Paul
Owner

UPDATE

July 5 2017, 10:47 AM 

As a point of information, I have been going through many of our great threads and capturing images for our archive. In the event you know about a thread that is especially worthy please send me a note or just post it here, and I will look into it. In some cases I may have already captured it.

There are some optiions here, and we will be able to capture just about everything but it may take a little time.

Regards,
Paul
"\"\""

Respond to this message   
Craig Wilson
(Login 6823)

Tinyimage

July 5 2017, 6:51 PM 

Hi Paul, many thanks for all the grunt work you are doing for the forum.
I was never able to post pictures because of a discrepancy between photobucket and firefox but now I have signed up with Tinypix as you suggested.I was able to upload pictures and create an album but I need more guidance to get the pictures from this album to the forum. I seem to be missing a piece or two of the puzzle.

Craig

Respond to this message   
Eric Jensen
(no login)

Quick Test

July 10 2017, 5:11 PM 

[IMG][linked image][/IMG]

Too bad someone doesn't write some code to convert Photobucket pic addresses to tinypic addresses. It would take someone pretty clever, but it's possible.

Eric

Respond to this message   
Pierre
(Login cayuco)

Another option to host pictures

July 14 2017, 7:28 AM 

I have had the same problem with Photobucket and I am now saving my images at Google Photos.

I like Google Photos better than other smaller sites because they are not supported by awful ads and spam generating media. Google is also more likely to survive when other hosting sites will disappear and take all my pictures with them.

The problem with Google is that they dont give you the code to embed a picture in another site, you can only access the picture by going back to your account at Google. Obviously that doesn't work for this site so generously kept up by Paul.

Fortunately, thanks to the Russians (Indians in this case) there is a hack for this. I have found a site that lets you translate the location of a picture in your account at Google into code you can embed in a post on another forum. The site is:

https://ctrlq.org/google/photos/?_ga=2.207048471.506674579.1496579047-1574413417.1496579047

You can try it for yourselves, load a picture in Google Photos, get the link, go to this other site, paste the link and retrieve the embedding code.

This picture below I am displaying is at Google, not at Tynipic.com

0MbsMh0gfa-xzpq57x4-V9NXe5AAWAgD3a2AfFOy

Cheers
P

Respond to this message   

Paul
Owner

Thanks from a tip from Hakan in Sweden, Fotki looks VERY PROMISING !!,

October 27 2017, 10:57 PM 

Check this out !!

http://www.fotki.com/us/en/

Regards,
Paul
"\"\""

Respond to this message   

Contact the Chris Craft Commander Forum
chriscraftcommander@hotmail.com

©2005, ©2006, ©2007, ©2008, ©2009, ©2010, ©2010, ©2011, ©2012, ©2013, ©2014, ©2015, ©2016, ©2017, Chris-Craft Commander Forum, Inc., ®, also known as ChrisCraftCommander.com. and the Chris Craft Commander Forum, Inc.; Information and intellectual property on this not-for-profit non-commercial site may be copied for individual personal use, but any other reproduction or use requires written approval. Any entity who mines this site for names, material, or their other commercial/financial benefit in any way is subject to copyright and intellectual property law; the integrity of this site will be aggressively protected. The material here is for individual personal use and is not to be otherwise used or reproduced. Chris Craft is a registered trademark of Chris-Craft. Neither Chris-Craft nor any subsidiaries of Chris-Craft shall bear any responsibility for the chriscraftcommander.com content, comments, or advertising. Chris-Craft Commander Forum, Inc., is independent from Chris-Craft Corporation, and not affiliated with the Chris-Craft Commander Club in any way; it is an independent educational-based not-for-profit entity that is intended to share free information and have fun. Copyright/trademark/sales mark infringements are not intended, or implied. Search Feature