Return to Index  

Boron IIt isgreat...for those who know how to cast it.

May 2 2010 at 1:37 AM
Nick 

Response to IIt or IIx

I agree with your description of the Boron IIX. It is a wonderful rod series that is easy to cast for both relatively novice, and the most hardcore anglers. However, I completely disagree with your comments about the Boron IIt. I have a 9' 5 wt. IIt and it is a great rod. I have used this rod in very windy conditions with big dries and long leaders, to tight-line nymphing applications, and everythig else in between-and it is great. It protects fine tippets beyond compare and it is a blast to fish year round. I have found it to be quite the versatile trout stick, and a great compliment to the Boron IIx 906. Between those two rods, there isn't much that you can't do, and the rod series has been a huge hit at our shop. Just because a rod doesn't fit your casting style does not make it junk, it just means that is not right for you.
I can cast an entire fly line with my Boron IIt, and it is my go to rod when I fish the Harriman Ranch with 13'+ leaders in the wind. Do I need to cast that far to catch fish? NO. The point is that this rod series is great for guys who love a rod that they can feel throughout their entire cast, and love fighting fish on a rod that has alot of sensitivity. Everyone has opinions, and that is fine. But if you can't cast a rod very well, maybe you need to take a step back and see what YOU may be doing wrong. Only a poor archer blames his bow when he misses a target, and fly rods are no different. The rods series is a great compliment to another fantastic rod series (Boron IIX, Boron MX, WT, LT) and it deserves a better review than that.

Respond to this message   
Find more forums on FishingCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  

Return to Fly Rod Review Home Page