When do college athletes get renewal offers?November 28 2009 at 11:45 PM
|prospect's parent |
The NLI Signing Day for high school seniors is approx. February 5. But for subsequent years, assuming my player is healthy and academically eligible, plays well, etc., when would we expect to know the scholarship offer for the second year?
I know some college coaches hold individual meetings with each player after the season ends (last week for most of them). Is this the time when they would tell the kid how much money they'd get the next year?
That would make sense to me, but I noticed this on the NCAA website: colleges have until July 1 to notify if athletic aid is being reduced or cancelled. (Text is below).
Thanks for any experienced insights.
(NCAA: If a student-athlete is receiving institutional financial aid based in any degree on athletics ability, the institution must notify the student-athlete in writing on or before July 1, whether the aid has been renewed or not renewed for the next academic year. This written notification comes from the institution's financial aid authority and not from the athletics department.)
- renewal - Anonymous on Nov 29, 8:24 AM
- Re: When do college athletes get renewal offers? - Anonymous on Nov 30, 9:21 AM
- in our experience - Anonymous on Nov 30, 9:43 AM
- Keep in mind that athletic scholarships are at the pleasure of the coach - Anonymous on Nov 30, 10:10 AM
- Our experience - Anonymous on Nov 30, 12:41 PM
- Re: Our experience - Anonymous on Nov 30, 3:09 PM
- Both our players (female and male) were told after spring season - Anonymous on Dec 1, 12:04 PM
- My son has been told in the spring season - Anonymous on Dec 10, 2:15 PM