that's funny, but wrongMay 27 2010 at 2:48 PM
Response to Re: ha ha ha
HR organizations are filled with people who can handle stress, solve complex problems, communicate effectively, manage people and process, etc etc. Many of whom are much more capable of those things than their line counterparts, and are heavily relied upon by upper management for independent, sound decision-making.
And regardless of your view of HR, in most companies they ARE the people who manage the recruiting and hiring process. And they know that an expensive education from an "elite" university is not only no guarantee of superior knowledge or skill, or of future contribution or success, but in most cases - except for some specialty areas - carries no weight whatever in the selection process.
But of course the people who have spent a lot of money on those educations for themselves or their children convince themselves otherwise...which is why those schools continue to charge exhorbitant fees..
- There are, of course, few guarantees in life. - Anonymous on May 27, 3:34 PM
- well - Anonymous on May 27, 5:18 PM
- Re: well - Anonymous on May 27, 5:46 PM
- ha ha ha - Anonymous on May 28, 8:43 AM
- Re: ha ha ha - Anonymous on May 28, 10:10 AM
- You're kidding, right? - Anonymous on May 27, 9:28 PM
- duh - Anonymous on May 28, 8:44 AM