Email the Moderator   Back to GA Forum II  

Return to Index  

i'll say this...

October 21 2010 at 11:26 AM
Anonymous 

Response to Clemson W

I'd said that I'd never post this on this forum and I've kept it to myself bc I just thought it was surprising, funny and totally unprofessional on his part, but now that I see these posts, I couldn't resist. Maybe he will read this but he needs to know how his interaction actually comes across.

Our interaction w HS was pretty sad... May daughter was interested in transferring college programs last year and wanted to give Clemson a look bc she knew and played with many of the girls on the team in club and wanted to continue to play D1 soccer. Clemson was in her top 5 in HS during the recriuting period and she'd gotten some interest from them. They fell off her list late in the recruiting maze when two other schools began to show interest and after visits. So, when she was looking to transfer, she sent him the "customary" recruiting letter saying that she thought that "she could come in an immediately contribute to the team the next year". She gave him a few references from a few of his current team members and coaches in the area that he knows very well.

His response was {Honestly, no fibbing nor paraphrasing here}, "to the outside we may look like we are in shambles and disarray but we already have quality players, a very good team and we will be fine." His response was just about that long, minus the customary "good luck with your search". At first, I was mad because he seemed to take her saying that she thought she could contribute was saying that she was better than his current players. Heck, a player can "contribute" from the bench or being a sub. Then I thought it was telling of his professionalism and probably an indication that it wasn't a good fit anyway. My family laughed about that for a long time.

We can accept that he thought he didn't have a need for her position and maybe he thought that she wasn't good enough to play there {he indicated that he knew her very well}. That's acceptable and a part of the business, but I was shocked that he would have put something like that out there.

So, if he takes the time to read this forum, punishes players that he thinks may have posted on here and he had enough balls to put something like that out there, it is no wonder that he is 0'fer in ACC again.

Respond to this message   
Create your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  
Page Views in 2009