Email the Moderator   Back to GA Forum II  

Return to Index  

Re: No, they are lying.

December 10 2010 at 6:24 PM
Anonymous 

Response to No, they are lying.

when my kid was being recruited, the coaches put in an email what they were offering. Then she decided which school she wanted to go and emailed the coach back, accepting the offer. Yes, as the prior poster noted, it is VERY important to get the offer in writing for the very reasons the prior poster noted.

However, it is still a verbal commitment until the signing day in February. (which of course means that if something changes (i.e. your finances or the offer)I would rescind my verbal commitment. However, not a good idea to change your mind for no good reason. These verbal commitments go both ways--you expect the school to uphold their part and they expect you to hold up yours. However, there are cases where a athlete verbally commited to a school and the coach left and the AD did not honor the verbals. Bad deal all around. So, the email is some assurance for the parent/ kid and the school.

Good Luck.

Respond to this message   
Responses

1. NCAA won't let you put it in writing anymore before Senior year - Anonymous on Dec 10, 7:14 PM
    1. Re: NCAA won't let you put it in writing anymore before Senior year - Anonymous on Dec 10, 7:25 PM
    2. NOT true... read the actual rule here... - Anonymous on Dec 10, 10:18 PM
      1. Read it again - Anonymous on Dec 11, 5:53 PM
        1. Written offer = email too - Anonymous on Dec 12, 11:21 PM
          1. Further proof..Applies to soccer as well - Anonymous on Jan 16, 12:15 PM

2. Re: No, they are lying. - Anonymous on Dec 14, 12:19 PM
Create your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  
Page Views in 2009