Columbus State Women's Soccer Announces Recruiting ClassMarch 5 2012 at 12:54 PM
February 29, 2012
Columbus State Women's Soccer Announces Recruiting Class
Columbus Columbus State University women's soccer head coach Jay Entlich announced the signing of eight student-athletes to National Letter of Intents. They will join the team for the 2012 season.
"We are so thrilled with our 2012 recruiting class as we are adding players to nearly every position", stated Entlich. "We have a top quality goalkeeper coming in to try and win a starting job along with several other players who will surely see action right away. We have our first-ever Canadian player who brings with her a ton of experience."
"Assistants coaches Colin Barnes and Viktoria Frost were instrumental in going out and finding the best student-athletes to join our University."
Claire Belay, an all-around player from Marietta, Georgia, is a four-year starter at Wheeler High School. Belay was named the Rookie of the Year in her freshman season and named team MVP in her sophomore campaign. She was also selected as a Cobb County honorable mention selection in her first two seasons. In addition to her athletic success, Belay is a four-year honor roll member, a member of the Beta Club and the National Honors Society.
Meosha Hatcher is a senior from Whitewater High School in Fayetteville, Georgia. Hatcher is a goalkeeper who trains at the Southern Crescent Goalkeeper Academy in Fayetteville while playing for the Concorde Fire South. She is a member of the Beta Club and boasts a 3.8 GPA.
A defender from Auburn, Alabama, Blakely Heideman will join the Lady Cougar soccer family next season. Heideman is currently a senior at Auburn High School and is a member of the Auburn Thunder club team. With them, Heideman won the State Championship in 2007 and made the state finals three straight seasons after. She is a member of the National Honor Society and the co-founder of the Uganda Soccer Ball Project, which collects and distributes used soccer balls and uniforms to the youth of the parish of Masaka, Uganda.
Tori Hood, a senior from Forsyth Central High School in Cumming, Georgia, will also be enrolling at CSU this fall. Hood was named All-County last season and won the team's offensive MVP award in her junior season. She plays for the 94' GSA ECNL club team in Gwinnett, GA.
A midfielder from Enterprise, Alabama, Andi Larese will be vying for playing time as a Lady Cougar in 2012. Larese is currently the senior captain at Enterprise High where she led her team to an undefeated regular season a year ago. While playing high school ball, her team has won the 6A Section 3 championship and Larese was selected to play in the AHSAA North vs. South All-Star game. She also plays for the Mobile Soccer Club.
Katelyn Longino, a senior at Our Lady of Mercy Catholic High School in Fayetteville, GA, will join Columbus State in the fall. Longino has been the captain the past two seasons at Our Lady of Mercy while also receiving the Bobcat Award and the Mike Fitzpatrick Award. As a junior, she was selected to the All-Region team. Longino is also the president of the National Honor Society at Our Lady of Mercy and serves in numerous community service projects.
Shelby Rolling will become the first Canadian Lady Cougar soccer player when she puts on a CSU uniform. Rolling is a senior at Stayner Collegiate Institute in Stayner, Ontario. There, she has earned the Player of the Year Award from 2009-2011 while also having the title of team captain. Rolling is also a member of the Newmarket United Soccer Club which was the top ranked team in Ontario from 2007-2009. She was a part of back-to-back-to-back Ontario Cup Championships. Rolling also trained with the Canadian Nation team becoming the youngest player to scrimmage against them in 2010.
The final member of the 2011-2012 recruiting class is Nikki Turnbull. Turnbull is a teammate of fellow recruit Blakely Heideman at Auburn High School and the Auburn Thunder club team. With them, Turnbull won the State Championship in 2007 and made the state finals three straight seasons after. She is also a letterwinner in track and field while a member of the National Honor Society.
Columbus State had another fine season in 2011 as the Lady Cougars went 16-4-3 and reached the second round of the NCAA Tournament. CSU has now appeared in six straight NCAA Tournaments, the longest streak of any team in Peach Belt Conference history.
- decent but not great... - anonymous on Mar 5, 2012, 3:35 PM
- No, the negative has peaked. Your type is tiresome. - Anonymous on Mar 5, 2012, 3:58 PM
- Re: decent but not great... - Anonymous on Mar 5, 2012, 5:14 PM
- Please tell us which D1 program your daughter plays for - You must be Mia Hamm's dad on Mar 5, 2012, 7:52 PM
- Re: Please tell us which D1 program your daughter plays for - Anonymous on Mar 5, 2012, 10:13 PM
- She doesn't - anonymous on Mar 7, 2012, 2:50 PM
- Are you a college coach? - Anonymous on Mar 8, 2012, 2:27 AM
- Looks like some are missing compared to the womens recruiting site. - Anonymous on Mar 6, 2012, 10:32 PM
- Official announcements won't list kids - Anonymous on Mar 7, 2012, 12:08 AM
- Re: Official announcements won't list kids - Anonymous on Mar 7, 2012, 9:12 AM
- Re: Official announcements won't list kids - Anonymous on Mar 7, 2012, 9:27 AM
- Not true. - Anonymous on Mar 7, 2012, 11:33 AM
- CORRECT! - Anonymous on Mar 7, 2012, 12:15 PM
- Non NLI'ers are often announced separately - Anonymous on Mar 7, 2012, 1:00 PM
- Where do you come up with this? - Anonymous on Mar 7, 2012, 3:05 PM
- Re: Where do you come up with this? - Anonymous on Mar 7, 2012, 3:33 PM
- Re: Where do you come up with this? - Anonymous on Mar 7, 2012, 4:02 PM
- You contradict yourself. - Anonymous on Mar 7, 2012, 4:16 PM
- Re: You contradict yourself. - Anonymous on Mar 8, 2012, 10:37 AM
- Re: You contradict yourself. - Anonymous on Mar 8, 2012, 10:40 AM
- Re: You contradict yourself. - Anonymous on Mar 8, 2012, 3:05 PM
- Any team that has more than one announcement - Anonymous on Mar 7, 2012, 5:52 PM
- New CSU Signing Not In CSU Release - Anonymous on Mar 9, 2012, 8:55 AM