Email the Moderator   Back to GA Forum II  

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

N.Ga. Signees?

February 10 2010 at 11:02 PM
anonymous 

Nothing on website about signing class. Anybody know anything? I noticed only 14 on Spring Roster!?!?

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
Anonymous

Re: N.Ga. Signees?

February 11 2010, 12:58 AM 

Not a pretty situation. As usual with Coach CA there is always a lot of turnover with this team. Some things just never change.

Respond to this message   
Anonymous

What the hell???

February 11 2010, 7:56 AM 

There used to be several girls from Brookwood and Parkview that went there the past couple of years. Now there's just the two keepers and Douglass!

Lane, Hughes, Thompson, Tomlinson, Butler, and Burrell are gone from the fall roster, and many of them are freshmen.

McGregor, Thomas, Cummings, Valentine, Peckham, Tsitsikronis, and Vincent are gone from 2008, that would still be eligible.

That's 12 players out of a roster of about 22 that he would not have to replace, if they were still there! That's over 50% unnecessary turnover!

Respond to this message   
Anonymous

But He Still Reels Them In, Good Class This Year

February 11 2010, 8:29 AM 

Some kids can't just cut it at the college level.

Respond to this message   
In the Know

3 new

February 11 2010, 2:18 PM 

there are three new players on the roster. 2 look to be transfers. the fact that he has not announced his signing class tells us a little.
either he has not recieved the signed papers
or they have not cleared the clearing house
or he has not signed anyone.

your choice

Respond to this message   
Anonymous

Re: But He Still Reels Them In, Good Class This Year

February 11 2010, 6:28 PM 

Regarding the 6 that just left, I don't know of any of them that couldn't cut it at the college level. But I do know that they all left because they couldn't stand the coach and that he ruined soccer for many of them, and these were ladies that obviously loved the sport for many, many years.

Respond to this message   
Anonymous

Re: But He Still Reels Them In, Good Class This Year

February 11 2010, 6:43 PM 

Not true. Some left because the freshman were better and they were benched....

Respond to this message   
Anonymous

Abrahart will be good for about 10 minutues per half

February 11 2010, 8:25 PM 

eom

Respond to this message   
Anonymous

She got bad advice the first time

February 12 2010, 3:45 PM 

And not from the NASA people. Nobody at NASA felt like she belonged in the SEC from a soccer perspective. Hopefully she can contribute at NGCSU and have some fun playing.

Respond to this message   
anonymous

bad advice from whom? Guess she fell into the trap of thinking Div 1 was for best

February 17 2010, 9:51 AM 

of the best

Respond to this message   
Jennifer

Not True

February 11 2010, 10:31 PM 

You should probably make sure you have all your facts before you post something like that. Whatever bone you have to pick with Coach Adams is sad but still you should only speak if you have all the information. Everyone who quits/leaves doesn't do it because they don't like the coaches or the program. Sometimes - there are just other circumstances or feelings.

Respond to this message   
anon

Re: Not True

February 12 2010, 2:56 PM 

I agree. One should not make such a statement without knowing the facts. Not all left because they had a problem with the coach.I believe that some had just lost that burning desire to play soccer. Pure and simple. There was not problem with the coaches or the girls on the team or playing time. I respect their decision and support it when they handle it in a mature, positive manner.

Respond to this message   
Anonymous

It is still an issue!

February 12 2010, 5:57 PM 

True, some may leave the program because of academic pressures... some may leave because they've lost the desire... some because they just can't cut it.

But in all 3 cases, those are things that should have been screened for during the recruiting process. If you are losing 12 players every 2 years to these sort of things, that makes your development (if any) plans non-existent. When you add injuries, underperformers and just plain "so-so" attitudes you are simply making it impossible for yourself as a coach to field a competitive team.

Imagine the quality of the team, if you "only" had to replace players who had injuries or poor attitudes. If your players were able to handle the academics and kept the desire to play soccer going... That is what would make this team competitive.

Respond to this message   
Anonymous

Not true at all

February 12 2010, 7:55 PM 

Your post is pure propaganda. Not true at all. Are you Coach CA???

Respond to this message   
no way

Re: Not true at all

February 12 2010, 10:38 PM 

Besides LL and EH, who left or quit for different reasons, how many of those kids listed above were able to compete at a DII level? Every incoming class has had more talent than the one before. NG has gone from 3-12-2 in 2005 to 10-5-2 in 2009. Seems like improvement to me. NG returns 1 All-america, 2 ALL-region, and 1 Freshman of the year, along with 10 of 11 starters. If CA wins more games than last year are we still going to get these negative posts? It is a program on the rise, good school and great campus! Go SAINTS!!

Respond to this message   
Anonymous

February 13 2010, 12:52 PM 

and beat Columbus and Armstrong last year as well.

Respond to this message   
Anonymous

February 13 2010, 1:48 PM 

Actually all of them were capable of competing at the DII level. Why would you say or think anything differently? Maybe they weren't the top 3 or 4 "stars" of the team but they were just as good as any of the other players.

Respond to this message   
Anonymous

February 21 2010, 9:17 PM 

people leave for different reasons and i really feel that if that many people are choosing to leave the team it has to have something to do with the coach...and a lot of times if u have a bad coach it makes u loose the desire to want to play. its not that your not good enough and dont want to stick around or your not playing enough in all cases... a good amount of those girls that left after this season and last season played the majority of the time and were not bench players...it was the simple fact that the coach sucked at his job and players were tired of it.

and i dont think that each class is better than the class before i just think there are a few more better players coming in in each class and it makes there class stand out more.

Respond to this message   
Anonymous

February 21 2010, 9:25 PM 

who cares if they beat armstrong this year (which they did last year as well) or columbus state. every year new players come and old players go eventually the good players that were once on that team will no longer be there and the teams change.

if your going to say hes a good coach for beating armstrong or columbus what do u say about him when they lose to clayton state? you cant just say a coach is good because they beat a team that they were favored to lose.

and yes the team has been getting better over the years but thats because 4 years ago they were just entering D2 they were new to it...

Respond to this message   
Anonymous

February 22 2010, 8:37 AM 

In 2008, they beat AASU and turned around 5 days later and lost 2-0 at home in the PBC playoffs. One good week (the week this year when they beat AASU and Columbus) doesn't make a season or a program. Couple troublemakers in this class as well.

Respond to this message   

< Previous Page 1 2 Next >
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
Create your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  
Page Views in 2009