Email the Moderator   Back to GA Forum II  

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Radwanski accepts Clemson offer

December 17 2010 at 11:25 AM
Fan 

Congrats to Eddie on his new position. The girls are finally getting what they deserve! Best of luck

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
Clemson fan

Re: Radwanski accepts Clemson offer

December 17 2010, 11:32 AM 

Meeting with the players happened last night via conference call. Already talk of players
Leaving UNCG to follow Eddie. Clemson girls better be ready to get LIPsitzed. Scholarships are
Going to be evaluated and non Eddie players are out. Clemson will be back soon to the acc
Competitive ranks with Eddie in charge. There is going to be fallout though in the first couple of years.

Respond to this message   
Anonymous

December 17 2010, 12:03 PM 

Good hire, but let him coach at few ACC games first before we anoint him the next Anson.

Respond to this message   
Anonymous

December 19 2010, 8:01 PM 

Clemson could use several current UNCG players but the real missing ingredient was coaching. UNCG did not have a strong 2011 class coming in and the top recruit was a keeper and that is a strength for Clemson as they had one of the top freshman keepers in the country. Clemson has a good 2011 class coming in and they had a top 2010 class. HS has his faults but he was a good recruiter. With 6 freshman starters and 2 very good sophomore starters at forward and center back the key will be this spring and how well Eddie does in developing these players. They could use several strong forwards several defenders and a strong defensive mid. They also need depth as evidenced with the injuries during the season and the talent really fell off after the top 10-12 players.
The issue with Clemson this past year was not out of conference but winning games in the ACC and that is a little more difficult on a day in day out basis than winning in the SoCon.

Respond to this message   
Anonymous

The Keeper is HIGHLY OVERATED

December 28 2010, 2:55 PM 

I was thinking we had something given her press but was sadly disappointed when I saw her performance and stature....way too small to be playing at this level

Respond to this message   
Anonymous

The Keeper is HIGHLY OVERATED

December 28 2010, 3:00 PM 

I was thinking we had something given her press but was sadly disappointed when I saw her performance and stature....way too small (5'5" or maybe 5'4") to be playing at this level.

Respond to this message   
anonymous

what a minute...

December 29 2010, 9:01 AM 

there are plenty of as you call them undersized goal keepers...athleticism, heart, work effort, speed, instincts, anticipation skills, positioning, are among some of the key keeper attributes that have nothing to do with how short or tall someone is. I don't know this girl from adam, but I can tell you I have a daughter who's a keeper and is 5'7" and I've grown tired of the she doesn't look like a keeper comments becuase she's not one of the 'bigger' girls. The question is, can she lead her defense, can she make the occasional great save, and best of all, does she make the right play...at 5'4" or 6' you probably aren't making the top corner save, or making it from one side of the net to the other in a split second on a rebound, but at both sizes you should be able to get to the crossbar. I've seen more 6' girls that can't stop the low shot, then 5'4" girls that can't stop the high ones.

Respond to this message   
Anonymous

White Lightning is in the house

December 17 2010, 2:23 PM 

Go Eddie!

Respond to this message   
Current Topic - Radwanski accepts Clemson offer
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
Create your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  
Page Views in 2009