<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Sony DSC-828 8mp High End Digicam - Pristine condition, includes kit for watch photography

August 11 2005 at 3:12 PM

ThomasM  (Premier Login thepurist178)

This was the most anticipated high end digicam when it was released in 2003, and is still one of the best.

Turn key, ready to use, especially well suited for watch and other close focus photography with the accessories I am including. Pristine mint condition.

Asking $950 plus shipping from LA OBO. If you are active in our community and plan to use the camera to share watches, community events, and beautiful pics in our Photography forum, make me an offer; you might be surprised how flexible I might be willing to be.

(Remove spaces)

ThomasM @ ThePuristS.com

Besides what came from Sony, I am also including

* close up filter kit - 1x, 2x, 4x, stackable
* two extra original Sony batteries (third one pictured came with camera)
* B+W UV filter/front element protector (high end Made in Germany filter)
* Sony BC TRM compact travel charger - much easier to pack than the charger originally shipped with camera (not pictured)
* Pro Master FT 1700 flash, with bounce tilt adjustable head
* Memory 512Mb Compact Flash card, installed, not pictured (none came originally with camera) - camera also takes Memory Stick and Memory Stick Pro, not included.

28-200mm 35mm equivalent zoom range through a world renowned Zeiss zoom lens, great built in close focus capability made even better with included macro filter set. f/2.0-2.8 across entire zoom range.

This was the kit I was using until I finally, recently gave in to the camera bug and got a Canon Pro Body kit.

As someone who started out collecting comics and then high end watches, you can assume I take very, very good care of my things.

I bought this new, from an authorized dealer, and it still looks as new (95% indoor use, though it has accompanied me around the world) and works as it should.

One note, though, from personal experience - I do not suggest the ISO settings above 200, due to noise. Using proper lighting techniques make this a non-issue.

This camera does record RAW, but with proper technique, even the high quality jpg files are ready to use, without post processing - saves lots of time and effort just to show a pic!

Respond to this message   

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
ThePuristS.com Home Page