Return to Index  

I just read the last post you wrote

September 23 2005 at 11:37 AM

Anastasia Rattray  (Login butterscotch_395)
from IP address 70.93.71.202

Response to Ouray "Switzerland of America"

I don't think I'm related to the Rattrays (are they famous?) of Chicago.

I do know I'm related to the Rattrays of Blairgowrie, Perthshire, in Scotland. My cousin Clans are Stewarts (or Stuarts) and Bruce. I have known family (that I'm in touch with,) in Canada, Scotland, Australia, and California. It's ahuge Clan, and has many capillaries, if you will.

My father is Jewish. His surname is Snaman. He met my mother during the Korean War. My father was raised in Chicago under the name Snaman, but there was an adoption somewhere along the line. I'm still trying to find the biological mother of my father, as she died in childbirth and was underaged, and I think, uh, not well. Nevermind. As far as I know, the name was changed several times, from Schnaman, to Schnamann, etc.

My Rattray Clan name is not my true current surname. But I am a Rattray. I've had DNA tests, and have met many of my American cousins. I have a tattoo on my back of the Clan Crest (ie: my login pic), as many women of this Clan,(the younger generation) have begun to do. (It really, really hurt!) I hope that doesn't make me look bad; it's really a lovely tattoo. I like it.

I think it's really fun to find our geneology. I've found it to be a great hobby, and have made wonderful friends out of family.

I'm going to have to call the hierarchy of my Clan to see if there are Rattrays related to me in Chicago. How cool! I have a cousin in Modesto, CA who is working on our geneology. I have family throughout California. But it's an ongoing thing. But Chicago? I'm totally excited! I'll have to call my Dad and ask.

Thanks for this interesting piece to my family's puzzle!

Cheers
QA

Respond to this message   
Find more forums on Network54Create your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement