Return to Index  

You've got me really intrigued, now, Jeep Chick :)

September 24 2005 at 5:44 PM

Annie  (Login butterscotch_395)
from IP address 70.93.71.202

Response to Ouray "Switzerland of America"

I just got off the phone with my cousin in Modesto. She's the one doing all the geneology.

I have to ask, though, per Aimee (my cousin): Are the Rattrays in Chicago the cigar people or the biologists? (Personally, I have no idea what she's asking about.)

Also, my father is Jewish (Snaman or Schnamann) is all I know. He was born 1924 in Ranson, IL just outside of Chicago, in Cook County. He was adopted, and I don't know his biological parents' names. He's not a Rattray, that much I know for sure. Rattray comes from my mother's side.

This is fun, regardless. But very time-consuming.

Oh! I nearly forgot, the Wright Opera House is where I was looking to rent a space! Yes, they still show films, etc. The space I was interested in is in the back; the way it was explained to me is that you walk through the front doors of the 1st floor. There is a bakery/eatery there as you walk in. Then, there are small stores located along the walkway between the eatery and the lobby prior to going upstairs to the theatre. The space I was looking at is toward the back, on the R side. It has a studio apt. behind the store. I was also told that although the space doesn't have Main St. exposure, it gets plenty of people walking through, and antiques would be good.

Still, I feel strange signing a lease when I've never seen it. Also, I'd be dumb to leave my job and all for a dream. But I'd like to take holiday and check things out. I don't want this job forever. It's OK, but quite unrewarding. The pay is OK, but, well, it's just that it's not what I want to do for the rest of my life. And I don't want to live here for the rest of my life. I don't know what I want to do, but I suppose I'll figure it out soon enough.

I've done lots of research on this opera house, but if you know of anything at all, I'd love to hear it.

Many Thanks,
QA

Respond to this message   
Find more forums on Network54Create your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement