Return to Index  

I also live in Ouray

October 19 2007 at 4:45 PM
Eric - Ouraynian  (Login Ouraynian)
from IP address 199.45.162.146

I made the move 5 years ago from Washington, DC. I and my brother started a technical consulting business and have been very successful and happy here. You cannot beat taking a hike over your lunch break!

I also work with an economic development committee that is very supportive of small business. We have, for instance, a free monthly business roundtable. If in the tourism business, you would need to be prepared for a short and hectic tourist season followed by a much slower and longer off season.

I sell my services to out of state customers, but there are many others here who thrive on the tourism market. I spent one summer doing house painting to make ends meet while I got things started. Holding many jobs while getting a new biz. rolling is typical. You may need to prepare for something like that.

What kind of business are you think of starting? Many business are for sale as people are beginning to think about retirement. But there are many young people starting new ones. A culinary shop just downstairs from my office is new, there is a new Yoga studio, a new pub right across the street from me, and a new group is reopening the Opera House for music/theatre etc.. All look to be quite successful.

Feel free to e-mail me for more info and guidance.

Cheers,
Eric

Respond to this message   
Responses

Find more forums on Network54Create your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement