<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

question on itinerary

May 3 2007 at 8:38 AM
cheryl  (Login cgcrump29732)
from IP address 72.159.168.35

My fiance and I will spend one week at the end of July in Ouray. Please give us some suggestions as to how we might make the very best of our time.... We need to prioritize what we'll do. We love the outdoors, nature, camping (but we're not camping on this trip), 4-wheeling, horses, etc. We are not much for the partying scene or being around a lot of people in a noisy environment; don't care much for live music where we eat or sitting in concerts.

There just seems to be TOO MUCH to choose from in Ouray!

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply

ColoradoGuy! :)
(Login ColoradoGuy)
+ Accepted Members +

Well, have you ever been there before? ...

May 4 2007, 2:12 PM 

I'm not sure I can give you suggstions, because there really is so much to do. You can see some of my Ouray advetures here: http://www.ouraylovers.com

Of course, I only scratched the surface!

-Steve

Colorado Guy Trivia Game Champion - July 2006
Holds Record 17 consecutive monthly finishes in the top ten (July 2005-November 2006)
Holds Record Most daily wins in a month - 7 wins (July 2006)
Played trivia game 542 consecutive days. (Holds record)

Respond to this message   
mtsrool
(no login)

Oh wow it sounds like Ouray is the place for you!!

May 11 2007, 12:58 PM 

You can rent a Jeep to hit the trails, or if you prefer to go on a tour, they have large vehicle Jeep trail tours, too. That's an awesome way to get above the tree line. There's also horseback riding and chuckwagon dinners. Or you can spend the day soaking in the huge hot springs pool in town. The restaurants are very nice there, too. Hiking, biking, fishing and walks along the Uncompahgre River are great, too.

Respond to this message   
mtsrool
(no login)

OOPS, responded to Steve instead of Cheryl.

Respond to this message   
mtsrool
(no login)

Ouray is awesome!!

You can rent a Jeep to hit the trails, or if you prefer to go on a tour, they have large vehicle Jeep trail tours, too. That's an awesome way to get above the tree line. There's also horseback riding and chuckwagon dinners. Or you can spend the day soaking in the huge hot springs pool in town. The restaurants are very nice there, too. Hiking, biking, fishing and walks along the Uncompahgre River are great, too.

Respond to this message   
Dave O
(no login)

The hot springs are nice to soak in

May 17 2007, 5:20 PM 

and a 23-mile drive south to Silverton, over Red Mountain Pass. There is a ski lift at Silverton Mountain, one of the highest in nation at 12,300ft. You can see the Silverton-Durango narrow gauge train come in during the day too. Lots of four wheeling opportunities on the Alpine Loop too.

Respond to this message   

~Precious~
(Login Precious34)
Accepted Members

Cool...ya got any pics of that DaveO??? n/m

June 9 2007, 2:41 PM 

Respond to this message   

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
Find more forums on Network54Create your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement