ADD questions

by Joe and Shelly

Author: Joe and Shelly
Posting History
(this was their message which was posted on the misc.kids.health discussion forum)

Hello. I am new to this group and have a couple of questions regarding children with ADD. My seven-year-old daughter, Micha, who is in second grade, was diagnosed with ADD today. This is her first year in this school. The staff has been wonderful and my daughter has actually enjoyed school this year. The school does not believe in controlling ADD through medication first. They have done wonders with having patience and lots of tutoring for the children. I am making an appointment with our family physician and would like to go to the appointment with more knowledge than I have now to make the most of the appointment. I would appreciate any references to good web sites about ADD. My daughter's teacher has also indicated that Micha seems to be trying so hard to concentrate that it seems as if Micha is suffering. What other alternatives are there to Ridelin(sp), both natural and chemical? I would appreciate any information that anyone gives to me. Please feel free to post or respond by email. Thank you, Shelly and Micha

Posted on Nov 24, 1999, 10:48 PM
from IP address 209.253.230.35

Respond to this message   

Goto Forum Home

Find more forums on EducationCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement