response (ack) to ADD alternatives post

by Debbie Delgado

Author: Sade <torweb@hotmail.com>
Posting History

This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0082_01BF343E.403CB400 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit I found this store that sells and has a lot of information on add/adhd. They have a variety of natural approaches to this which has been investigated. things that were used before are time. they have a lot of natural remedies on different things. its at http://www.emall4all.com page down till you get to mothernature and click on the tab for add/adhd and it will take you there. http://buy.at/emall4all either link will take you The main drug treatment for ADD, Ritalin (methylphenidate), is very similar to the illegal drugs known as amphetamines. Paradoxically, these types of drugs can cause hyperactivity in adults but most often have a calming effect in those with ADD. Nevertheless, parents have expressed growing concern about treating their children with an amphetamine. A variety of natural approaches to this condition have been investigated as alternatives to drug therapy.

Dear Sade,

I read your message and applaud your positive message regarding natural alternatives to Ritalin. That was very cool for posting that to the group. I too help mothers find natural solutions to Ritalin.

Have you ever checked out this website which also is a natural store with alternatives to ADD ? The address is: http://www.karens-health-boutique.com/websitep/kidshome.htm
This is worth looking at - I think you're the type of person to enjoy this site.

I also work at a tutoring company where we actually don't accept kids on any psychiatric drugs simply because we find that they don't learn as well when on the drug - they are more like in an artificial calmness, like a zombie -like state where they appear to be learning - but they can't retain the information! This has been true in 100% of the cases, and when we take them
off the drug for about 3 months, we tutor them and handle their missing basics like phonics, clear up all their misunderstood words, make sure they really understand and can apply what they are studying and WHAM, it's magic! This tutoring method has taken several "ADD cases" and turned them into bright, quick, A students - beating their classmates when returned to school after the program...I guess their "chemical brain imbalance" just magically disappeared....The website address for the place where I help tutoring is http://www.superphonics.com

By the way, if you ever come across a mother or child who is asking for help or alternative solutions to ADD, you can refer them to the superphonics website where they can get free disabilities testing online. This address is http://www.superphonics.com/testdir.html The owner of Superphonics does the evaluation herself and she helps find the missing basics and weak areas of the child's education, which when addressed, and tutored on her program, can quickly and effectively handle the problems in school which are often causing their ADD symptoms.

Anyway, there is also a lot of data regarding Ritalin which I have come across including the fact that it is a class 2 drug (same
as cocaine, and just as addicitive). I have seen thousands of reports of the side effects, from teachers noticing kids demanding their medicine early and serious withdrawal symptoms if they don't get it, and from parents saying that the drug has turned their child into a lifeless uncaring child, so uncaring that they began discussing suicide after a month or two on the drug.

It is scary but an obvious reaction to the drug if you think about it as the drug numbs the kids up, so they are unfeeling - killing and suicide are not so strange for them to commit while on the drug, something which the last big news stories have failed to mention.

The September edition of the international alternative magazine Nexus, also reported on "Psychiatric drugs: the link to
school violence". Washington D.C psychiatrist Joseph Tarantolo candidly admitted that the newer groups of antidepressants, SSRIs, "relieve the patient of feeling. He becomes less empathic, as in 'I don't care as much', which means, 'It's easier for me to harm you.'If a doctor treats someone who needs a great deal of strength just to
think straight and gives him one of these drugs, that could push him over the edge into violent behavior."

But most disturbing is that these millions of American children on the drug don't even need it - proven time and time again by tutoring effectively using the proper method, and change of diet/healthy alternatives. ADD still no has a standard diagnosis, and there still, to
this day, is not one shred of evidence that there is such a thing as a chemical brain imbalance - the APA has admitted this at their annual convention this year. So how many kids are incorrectly diagnosed and on the drug unecessarily? ALL of those 6 million kids -and the APA's "goal" is to have 10 million US kids taking the drug by the year 2000 - what kind of goal is that? It's a goal which proves that psychiatry is and has always been directly pushing the pharmacuetical line as a
priority..$$$.

Well, I'm glad I saw your post - Well, I just wanted to let you know that I agreed with your message whole heartedly and thanks for
posting it. Keep doing it!

If you are interested in finding out where I got some of my facts regarding Ritalin from, check out http://www.cchr.org , they have 100% verifiable evidence. They have helped us a lot in helping parents and teachers stand up to the lies in the system and refuse the drug. Trust me, it's hard to do though..there's so much false information conncected to Ritalin and so many parents/teachers fall for it.

Well, have a good one. You can reply and let me know if you enjoyed any of these sites or have any more questions. Also, let me know if you need or want anything from me in helping to get the message out. Thanks a lot.

Much love,
Debbie and daughter Cassandra

Posted on Nov 27, 1999, 1:42 PM
from IP address 209.156.98.211

Respond to this message   

Goto Forum Home

Find more forums on EducationCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement