Return to Index  

JJ IS RIGHT ABOUT ONE THING!

December 11 2007 at 5:36 PM
hyaker4life  (Login hyaker)
from IP address 71.39.141.215

Response to Nodic brings more cash?

Listen all JJ is right........................his post will spice up the board! I think Nordic does have a place at Hyak...they have some of the best trails around, with wonderful views, etc. Personally, I have never been a nordic skier, I have snowmobiled those same trails and road dirtbikes and ATV's down them in the summer . They should have the same access that we do to all that Hyak has to offer except the lifts. How many times have we been stuck on the lift watching a Nordie who does not know how to load on a lift get wiped out at the bottom or create pile ups at the top...or my personal favorite, sitting up there at the top waiting for the download....which means the chair stops TWICE...hey you wanna Nordic Ski...then ski your frickin butt down the trail!

I have even gone down to the Nordic Center and asked them to provide some training to the Nordic Skiers on how to get on and off a lift. I even had Bob convinced to take a chair down their so they could physically show people how to master the highly technical aspect of LOAD and UNLOAD! To no avail....

If Boyne was really on their game they would turn HYAK into one big Freeride Park...why not cater to the crowd that exists out there! Many small areas in Canada and California have turned to giant parks and freeride areas to compete with the big areas. Move all of the jibbers and boinkers off of the beginning slopes at West and move them to HYAK...bring back NIGHT SKIING!

This message has been edited by hyaker from IP address 71.39.141.215 on Dec 11, 2007 5:36 PM

Respond to this message   
Responses