Fire on Snoqualmie DriveJune 25 2017 at 4:37 PM
|Arlberg (no login)|
from IP address 126.96.36.199
Saturday evening around 10:30 p I was heading off to bed when I entered the bedroom and noticed what appeared to be the entire back of Jacks former house engulfed in flames. I looked further and it was actually a bonfire burning out of control with flames shooting as high as the house. I immediately went to the property and instructed the two individuals they had 5 minuted to get the fire extinguished - which I was furious. I went back to my home to grab my phone. Looking out the window again they were using small gatbage cans with water and spreading the burning debris out in the back of the house to try to put out the fire. At that point I called 911 to report the fire as these guys had no idea what they were doing.
911 was great as was the Snoqualmie Pass Fire Chief who contacted me shortly after the 911 call. The fire crew that was dispatched was coming up from North Bend??? After about 20 minuted the occupants did get the fire out and the Fire Trucks from North Bend were canceled. I know there has been a lot of real estate activity at Hyak the last few months and the new residents and or guests need to be informed of the limited availability of emergency services at the pass and that displaying a complete lack of common sense will not be tolerated. Had this evening been in August when things are tinder dry we would have been looking at Hyak Estates as a smoldering mess this morning.