<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

MTB @ Acres??

October 21 2017 at 9:49 AM
Mikey  (Login Mikey_from_Acres)
from IP address 75.172.56.46

The Summit posted on their web site that MTB is coming back. They swore that would NEVER happen, but it's true, the business has changed greatly since the last time they tried it.
Mikey

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply

Jack
(Premier Login hyak)
Owner

Re: MTB @ Acres??

October 21 2017, 5:14 PM 

It would be better if they had the MB at Hyak instead of Central. Bikers would always get lost at Hyak before and be frustrated at having to ride back uphill 2 miles to get back to Central. Also, if you rent bikes at Hyak riders could do the tunnel too. I'm sure they'll have it at Central though because of the better lodge and the property it sits next to.
Hyak Ski and Snowboard Adventure
On the World-Wide-Web since 1997

Respond to this message   
Mikey
(Login Mikey_from_Acres)

True:

October 21 2017, 10:29 PM 

Every word is true.
It sounds like this time they will build proper trails, as is the industry trend, so that customers are less likely to unintentionally ride off the wrong side and end up at Hyak, with a 250' vert, mile-long grind up the 906 to get back to Fir.
It will be at least 2019.
Mikey

Respond to this message   
Mikey
(Login Mikey_from_Acres)

Slightly more info on the return of MTB to the Pass:

October 31 2017, 10:33 AM 

I have learned that MTB lift service will run out of CX, like it used to, not Fir.
Mikey

Respond to this message   

Jack
(Premier Login hyak)
Owner

Re: Slightly more info on the return of MTB to the Pass:

October 31 2017, 3:11 PM 

It originally ran out of SilverFir (which is why the little log building) before it moved to Central Express. Either way, I'm hoping they make a success of it this go 'round. Maybe they will repair the x-over trail bridges, that would be a plus! I only did it one time, in 1998 out of SilverFir and had a fun time.
Hyak Ski and Snowboard Adventure
On the World-Wide-Web since 1997

Respond to this message   

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index