return to index  

Re: Chilean Glory Vine

June 6 2010 at 12:43 PM

(Login Celtguy)
Brugmansia Moderator - Emeritus

Response to Chilean Glory Vine

My experience with this vine is limited, so far. But it seems better grown en masse rather than just 1 or 2 vines. Martin gave me my seeds & our climates are very similar, so it looks like this vine likes "warm" but not "hot"...maybe it's well suited to warm by day & cool by night - the typical Pacific Northwest summer season.

My volunteer seedlings came up pretty early, then just sat there...tiny plants with a few leaves and no "vine". Now that we've had a few warm days, they're starting to vine. I'm anxious to watch their performance, as these are the first plants to grow from a direct-seeded scenario (I started my previous vines indoors & transplanted them).

Patrick
USDA Zone 8b
Heat Zone 3
Sunset Zone 5
SeaTac, WA...one cool place
[linked image]

This message has been edited by Celtguy on Jun 6, 2010 5:23 PM

Respond to this message   
TinyPic image hosting site

TinyPic is a free picture hosting site and is not associated with this forum.

To use: Click on the Tinypic link above; Browse for your picture; Select and Open; Upload Now; Copy the Direct Link for Layouts; Paste that code in your message.

Free Image Hosting site

FreeImageHosting.net is a free picture hosting site (ad supported) and is not associated with this forum.

To use:Browse for your picture; Select and Open; Upload; Copy Image Code; Paste that code in your message.

FreeImageHosting.net -

Filename extensions allowed: gif, jpg, bmp, png
Filesize limit: 3,000KB

Translate to another language

Enter a long URL to make tiny:

PLEASE VISIT OUR OTHER SITES:

Feathered Friends Helpful Tips The Bug Forum The Butterfly Forum The Brugmansia Forum

Fatbirder's Top 1000 Birding Websites

The Hummingbird Forum was founded on September 15, 2005