return to index  

Re: The Spring 2012 Season

May 6 2012 at 12:11 AM
Becky Cook  (Login beckygardener)
Hummingbirder 2008

Response to The Spring/Summer/Fall 2012 Season

Kevin - Thank you so much for sharing ideas with me. I was thinking a gift card to Walmart because they have the cheapest gas in town as well as a large store. I just wasn't sure if that was acceptable to even offer such a gift. I know it must get expensive to travel with the current gas prices. I, too, had considered offering food and drinks. I just want to be a hospitable host and show my appreciation for the time a bander spends visiting my yard. I really do appreciate all the effort that goes into such work! How lucky for all those hosts to have someone like Nancy to visit their home regularly! That would be quite the honor!

Nancy and all those who help her are very lucky to have established host homeowners that you know and have built a trust with. I am sure it is as much a friendship with many of those homeowners as it is a banding visit. (I've always heard that folks in Louisiana are very friendly and considerate!) Your state has such a beautiful environment for birds to enjoy! I think all those little hummers have heard through the birdie grapevine that they should ALL go to Louisiana to personally meet Nancy and her crew! (Perhaps that is why this season was so busy! All the birds are making a beeline to Louisiana to get their anklets from Nancy!)

It really is a blessing to have y'all posting here on this forum with all of the banding updates and lots of information. You are enlightening the world one bird at a time! I genuinely enjoy reading all of your posts. I am so intrigued by hummingbirds and have a real desire to know more about them. To me, they are the most fascinating bird of all species! I can't imagine my garden without them. They really do bring good cheer into any life they touch! And the information that y'all share is icing on the cake, for me! Thank you again for everything! [linked image]

Respond to this message   
TinyPic image hosting site

TinyPic is a free picture hosting site (ad supported) and is not associated with this forum.

To use: Click on the Tinypic link above; Browse for your picture; Select and Open; Upload Now; Copy the Direct Link for Layouts; Paste that code in your message.

Free Image Hosting site

FreeImageHosting.net is a free picture hosting site (ad supported) and is not associated with this forum.

To use:Browse for your picture; Select and Open; Upload; Copy Image Code; Paste that code in your message.

FreeImageHosting.net -

Filename extensions allowed: gif, jpg, bmp, png
Filesize limit: 3,000KB

Translate to another language

Enter a long URL to make tiny:

PLEASE VISIT OUR OTHER SITES:

Feathered Friends Helpful Tips The Bug Forum The Butterfly Forum The Brugmansia Forum

Fatbirder's Top 1000 Birding Websites

The Hummingbird Forum was founded on September 15, 2005