return to index  

Longwood Garden Photos, Extensive sorry

July 14 2012 at 8:38 AM

Pam  (Login seafire1)
Hummingbird Member 2006

Let me first say that I was on Sensory Overload all day at the gardens. We walked around for 5 hours in the humidity with few stops to dry off but it didn't damper (no pun intended) our spirits! Well not Mine, John was a bit tired. He drove the 2 hour trek and isn't used to exercise, something I need to correct. But he held in there like the trooper he always is. A smile was plastered on this old face all day long! There was NOT one negative minute throughout the whole day. From the flora, to the kindred spirits browsing, to the staff and 800 volunteers!! My memory bank is full! It was extremely hard narrowing down from the 300 pics I took, but I tried to choose ones I thought the group would appreciate most. My camera gave out on the last 12 pics, it was vibrating I kid you not!! 12 pics did not come out. But the garden spirits intervened because I took Johns camera without knowing mine was finished and crouched and took another 25 or so in the last section Ward said "do Not Miss" because they were very familiar plants. These I will post later, sorry for the suspense but John needs his sleep and I need breakfast. I did not post pic of the Orchids, there were many but will do so if someone is interested. Or if there is a specific flora someone wants, I'm sure I have it. I have been pretty absent on the forum, so I owe my dear friends. Here we go!!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Who recognizes these? While NOT in bloom, they are finished for the season (hint) I knew what they were right away and was in AWE!!

Photobucket

And probably the best photo EVER taken of me, Photogenic I am not. So I share it with my friends, the smile was there all day long.
Photobucket
The bloom had fallen from the cana plant and matched my orange shirt. I worried the staff would scold me, they said pic another if you like. What??? This place was awesome beyond compare. Blew NY Botanical out of the water, literally!!

If anyone want more architectural pics, let me know.

Pam
Matawan,NJ 7a
[linked image]

Image hosting by TinyPic

Respond to this message   
Response TitleAuthorDate
 Re: Longwood Garden Photos, Extensive sorry Jul 14, 2012, 9:25 AM
 Re: Longwood Garden Photos, Extensive sorry Jul 14, 2012, 12:29 PM
 Re: Longwood Garden Photos, Extensive sorry Jul 14, 2012, 2:10 PM
 Re: Longwood Garden Photos, Extensive sorry Jul 14, 2012, 2:13 PM
 Re: Longwood Garden Photos, Extensive sorry Jul 14, 2012, 2:23 PM
 Re: Longwood Garden Photos, Extensive sorry Jul 14, 2012, 2:24 PM
 Re: Longwood Garden Photos, Extensive sorry Jul 14, 2012, 2:50 PM
 Re: Longwood Garden Photos, Extensive sorry Jul 14, 2012, 3:10 PM
 Re: Longwood Garden Photos, Extensive sorry Jul 14, 2012, 3:47 PM
 Re: Longwood Garden Photos, Extensive sorry Jul 14, 2012, 4:03 PM
 Longwood Garden Photos, Extensive sorry Jul 14, 2012, 6:31 PM
 Re: Longwood Garden Photos, Extensive sorry Jul 14, 2012, 9:39 PM
 Re: Longwood Garden Photos, Extensive sorry Jul 14, 2012, 9:45 PM
 Re: Longwood Garden Photos, Extensive sorry Jul 15, 2012, 12:42 PM
 Re: Longwood Garden Photos, Extensive sorryWardJul 15, 2012, 2:27 PM
 PhotosRonJul 15, 2012, 3:04 PM
 Re: Longwood Garden Photos, Extensive sorry Jul 16, 2012, 1:48 PM
TinyPic image hosting site

TinyPic is a free picture hosting site and is not associated with this forum.

To use: Click on the Tinypic link above; Browse for your picture; Select and Open; Upload Now; Copy the Direct Link for Layouts; Paste that code in your message.

Free Image Hosting site

Free Image Hosting is a free picture hosting site (ad supported) and is not associated with this forum.

To use:Browse for your picture; Select and Open; Upload; Copy Image Code; Paste that code in your message.

FreeImageHosting.net -

Filename extensions allowed: gif, jpg, bmp, png
Filesize limit: 3,000KB

Translate to another language

Enter a long URL to make tiny:

PLEASE VISIT OUR OTHER SITES:

Feathered Friends Helpful Tips The Bug Forum The Butterfly Forum The Brugmansia Forum

Fatbirder's Top 1000 Birding Websites

The Hummingbird Forum was founded on September 15, 2005