Respond to this messagereturn to index
Original Message
  • David Verity is very sun-sensitive.
    • (Login hawkeye_wx)
      Hummingbird lover 2009
      Posted May 17, 2011 9:40 PM

Boy, I'm having a heck of a time keeping my david veritys green. When I first put the overwintered pots outside last month I gave them too much sun and burned the crap out of the them. I cut them both back by half(which I had to do anyway) so the greener leaves closer to the base of the plant were exposed. I've been gradually giving them sun again the last couple weeks and both plants were doing pretty well, remaining green. However, yesterday and today several hours of sun browned even the new growth on one of them and burned the crap out of the other one again. This is really getting frustrating. I'm not having trouble with any other plants. Even the schumannii, which has gotten just as much sun, is very green with no sign of sunburn. I remember last spring the DV were sensitive as well and initially burned a bit.

Dan
      Zone 5
      East-central Iowa
    Login Status
  • You are not logged in
    • Login
      Password

Optional
      Provides additional benefits such as notifications, signatures, and user authentication.

Create Account
    Your Name
    Message Title
    Message Text
    Options
    Enable formatted text (what's this?)

Notice: This is a moderated forum. Your post will not show up until a moderator approves the message. If you regularly have full posting privileges, you may have to login first.