<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

I am up way past my normal bedtime but here is the video of the hummer eating from my hand

July 26 2006 at 1:09 AM
Russ Thompson  (Login russlouky)
Hummingbird Member 2005

This is the first few times he ate directly from my hand and I was using red food to get his attention. Now, he will come in for clear food. In one of the last clips he lands on the feeder in the wrong place and I just get him to move over to the right hole. He is a very smart hummer.

Russ Thompson
http://ruby-throat-hummingbirds.com
http://e-hummingbirds.com
Louisville, Kentucky

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply

Penny
(Login Pennytoo)
Hummingbird Moderator 2005

Re: I am up way past my normal bedtime but here is the video of the hummer eating from my hand

July 26 2006, 5:37 AM 

That is awsome Russ but I still want him in my yard LOL!

Penny
Niagara Falls, NY
USDA zone 6a/6b
Heat zone 4
Sunset zone 39

Linda B
(Login loubby)
Hummingbird Member 2005

Re: I am up way past my normal bedtime but here is the video of the hummer eating from my hand

July 26 2006, 7:58 AM 

Amazing!!! Thanks for sharing.

Linda
ne AL
zone 7b

Annie
(Premier Login AnnieNemus)
Hummingbird Member 2006

July 26 2006, 8:00 AM 

Wow! At one point it looks like he comes right up and give you a kiss.  You've really got a special relationship with that little guy.

Funny, I never realized that the great doctor's name was Russ Thompson Doolittle!

Annie

Dianne
(Login Mimidi)
Hummingbird Member 2005

July 26 2006, 9:13 AM 

Russ this is a great video. The gardens behind you are beautiful.

I wonder if he will come back to you next spring? I hope so.

Dianne
Southeast Alabama
Heat Zone 8
Sunset Zone 31

Lisa
(Login pineapplesage)
Hummingbird Member 2006

July 26 2006, 9:17 AM 

Awesome video!

Lisa

Lake Country
Southern Wisconsin
USDA Zone 5b
heat zone 4/5
sunset zone 41
http://thehummingbirdgarden.blogspot.com/

Penny
(Login Pennytoo)
Hummingbird Moderator 2005

July 26 2006, 9:19 AM 

He isn't going to know what to do when he migrates in the fall. He is going to think everyone is supposed to give him a 'hand-out' LOL!

Penny
Niagara Falls, NY
USDA zone 6a/6b
Heat zone 4
Sunset zone 39

Helena
(Login helenahkh)
Hummingbird Member 2005

I am up way past my normal bedtime but here is the video of the hummer eating from my hand

July 26 2006, 10:05 AM 

Awesome, loved your video!

Helena
MS Gulf Coast
z8

Birdlegs
(Login birdlegs1)
Feathered Friends Moderator 2005

July 26 2006, 10:12 AM 

Ya Hoo! These videos make my jaw drop!

birdlegs
zone 5
S.E. Lower MI.

Jenny
(Login jenny_in_SE_PA)
Hummingbird Member 2006

Re: I am up way past my normal bedtime but here is the video of the hummer eating from my

July 26 2006, 11:34 AM 

OMG LOL Russ!!! Give that little guy an Oscar!!!

I liked how he was looking for feeder ports on your head and was somewhat taken back when you turned the feeder around towards the camera, but complied.

I know that some might think that we personify animals too much, but you just can't attribute anything other than some sort of spark of higher intelligence with these creatures when you see some of their expressed behavior to various situations.

Jenny
SE PA USDA Zone 7
AHS Heat Zone 6
Sunset Zone 32

Carol
(Login Carolmb)
Bird Lover

I am up way past my normal bedtime...

July 26 2006, 11:41 AM 

Oh my gosh Russ - this just keeps on getting better and better - I so look forward to your videos! Keeps me happy to see them - Thanks so much!

Carol
Milford, CT
Zone 6

Macy
(Login michmom)
Hummingbird Member 2006

July 26 2006, 1:30 PM 

Wow! Of course, I am jealous. Keep 'em coming.

Wetbug
(Login Wetbug)
Hummingbird Member 2005

July 26 2006, 3:19 PM 

That is Dynomite stuff!!! But Russ, what did his tongue feel like?

Wetbug,
Vancouver, WA
Zone 8

Kendra
(Login Kendra2003)
Hummingbird Member 2006

July 26 2006, 3:43 PM 

Russ that video was amazing. I loved they way he started searching you, just incase you had more "feeder ports".

Kendra
zone 5 - MA

Patrick
(Login pbelardo)
Hummingbird Member 2005

July 27 2006, 11:31 AM 

Wow, just amazing. I hope you don't mind, but I linked to your video on my blog: http://hawkowl.blogspot.com

Oscarthecat
(Login WStevanus)

Hummer Feeder

July 27 2006, 4:08 PM 

You must have the patience of Job. Steve in Baltimore County

Russ Thompson
(Login russlouky)
Hummingbird Member 2005

July 29 2006, 3:39 PM 

Patrick,
I am glad you shared it with others. Anytime I post something you can share it with others.
Russ

Russ Thompson
http://ruby-throat-hummingbirds.com
http://e-hummingbirds.com
Louisville, Kentucky

Respond to this message   
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
Search the Hummingbird Forum using Google search:
TinyPic image hosting site
TinyPic is a free picture hosting site (ad supported) and is not associated with this forum.

To use: Click on the Tinypic link above; Browse for your picture; Select and Open; Upload Now; Copy the Direct Link for Layouts; Paste that code in your message.

Postimage hosting site
Postimage is a free picture hosting site (with some ads) and is not associated with this forum.

To use: Click on the Postimage link above; Browse for your picture by clicking on Choose Image.; Select your image and Open; Highlight and Copy the Hotlink for website ; Paste that code in your message.

PLEASE VISIT OUR OTHER SITES:
Feathered Friends The Butterfly Forum The Brugmansia Forum

map_v2.png?u=h2sm&d=9lixPygMc1t0CHHPqCRs

Fatbirder's Top 1000 Birding Websites

The Hummingbird Forum was founded on September 15, 2005
Keeping hummingbirds alive in cold weather
web analytics