<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>return to index  

Shrimp Plant Seeds?

October 3 2006 at 11:58 AM
  (Login Beebe54)
Hummingbird Member 2006

Where do you find seeds on a Shrimp Plant and what do they look like? I know mine is making seed because I have several small plants coming up under the mother plant. Have looked and can't find anything that looks like a seed. Thanks

Nancy K. Warsaw MO Zone 5

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply

(Login NLN)
Hummingbird Member 2005

Re: Shrimp Plant Seeds?

October 3 2006, 12:26 PM 

Nancy, look down into the bract. Not all the flowers will produce seed, but if you look hard enough, you can usually find a few seeds. Seeds are more often produced by the initial flowers on the inflorescence rather than the later ones.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Nancy L Newfield
Casa Colibri
Metairie, Louisiana USA
USDA Zone 9

(Login Beebe54)
Hummingbird Member 2006

Re: Shrimp Plant Seeds?

October 3 2006, 5:56 PM 

Thanks Nancy, I found 9 seeds so far, there are little pod like things hidden in the bracks. Some of them were broken open and the seeds were already gone, found several dried up, but not open, when I broke them open there were the seeds. There are lots more pods but they are not dry yet, will keep an eye on it now and hope to get a few more. There are only 3 seeds in each pod.

Nancy K. Warsaw MO Zone 5

Current Topic - Shrimp Plant Seeds?  Respond to this message   
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>return to index  
TinyPic image hosting site

TinyPic is a free picture hosting site and is not associated with this forum.

To use: Click on the Tinypic link above; Browse for your picture; Select and Open; Upload Now; Copy the Direct Link for Layouts; Paste that code in your message.

Free Image Hosting site

FreeImageHosting.net is a free picture hosting site (ad supported) and is not associated with this forum.

To use:Browse for your picture; Select and Open; Upload; Copy Image Code; Paste that code in your message.

FreeImageHosting.net -

Filename extensions allowed: gif, jpg, bmp, png
Filesize limit: 3,000KB

Translate to another language

Enter a long URL to make tiny:

PLEASE VISIT OUR OTHER SITES:

Feathered Friends Helpful Tips The Bug Forum The Butterfly Forum The Brugmansia Forum

Fatbirder's Top 1000 Birding Websites

The Hummingbird Forum was founded on September 15, 2005