<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>return to index  

Hummers on the bay

March 12 2012 at 12:24 PM
Pappy  (Login Pappy2)
Hummingbird lover 2011

I live in a salt water boating community just off the Gulf of Mexico in Bay St Louis, MS and my feeders are up, but with a very few hummers. Probably because we have very few blooming plants in my community because of the salt water. This weekend I was in Diamond Head, just to the north of the Bay of St Louis and hummers were everywhere I went where there were feeders or azalea's in bloom. I can say the migration in the US has begun. Get your feeders ready.

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply

Penny
(Login Pennytoo)
Hummingbird Moderator 2005

Re: Hummers on the bay

March 12 2012, 1:37 PM 

Yep Pappy
The first confirmed report was right there on the southwest corner of Alabama on Feb. 25th. If you look at the migration map on the main page of the forum you will see that they have filtered in all over the Gulf Coast.

Penny
NY
USDA hardiness zone 6a
Heat zone 4
Sunset zone 39
North_Tonawanda.gif

Indy Steve
(Login Stevenindy)
Hummingbird lover 2007

Re: Hummers on the bay

March 13 2012, 10:00 AM 

Pappy

Even with the maps it is always good to hear from someone who is seeing the masses point blank. That has to be exciting to be able to see so many hummers in one area.

Steve
Martinsville, In
Heat zone 6
Sunset zone 35

[linked image]

Respond to this message   
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>return to index  
TinyPic image hosting site

TinyPic is a free picture hosting site (ad supported) and is not associated with this forum.

To use: Click on the Tinypic link above; Browse for your picture; Select and Open; Upload Now; Copy the Direct Link for Layouts; Paste that code in your message.

Free Image Hosting site

FreeImageHosting.net is a free picture hosting site (ad supported) and is not associated with this forum.

To use:Browse for your picture; Select and Open; Upload; Copy Image Code; Paste that code in your message.

FreeImageHosting.net -

Filename extensions allowed: gif, jpg, bmp, png
Filesize limit: 3,000KB

Translate to another language

Enter a long URL to make tiny:

PLEASE VISIT OUR OTHER SITES:

Feathered Friends Helpful Tips The Bug Forum The Butterfly Forum The Brugmansia Forum

Fatbirder's Top 1000 Birding Websites

The Hummingbird Forum was founded on September 15, 2005