<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>return to index  

Program on Creating a hummingbird and butterfly garden

April 5 2012 at 12:46 PM
Ward  (Login WardDa)
Hummingbird Member 2005

My friend Pat Sutton, a nationally known speaker and author will be presenting her How To Create A Hummingbird & Butterfly program at Palmyra Cove Nature Park in New Jersey on September 1st at 10AM. After the program we'll head out to explore the gardens and talk about nectar gardening in deer country. I know it won't do most members any good but some of us are fairly local. Pat is an engaging and knowledgable speaker and an excellent general naturalist. She will also bring some of her and her husband's books which she will sign. I would be nice to have a few forum members show up. It will be fun and informative.

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply

Penny
(Login Pennytoo)
Hummingbird Moderator 2005

Re: Program on Creating a hummingbird and butterfly garden

April 5 2012, 2:38 PM 

I wish she could do a presentation in wstern NY. I would be there with bells on.

Penny
NY
USDA hardiness zone 6a
Heat zone 4
Sunset zone 39
North_Tonawanda.gif

Suchie
(Login Suchiek)
Hummingbirder 2008

April 5 2012, 3:16 PM 

Ward,

I'll try and make it there. Have always wanted to see the gardens at their peak.

Lots of salvias are setting buds here. I am sure Palmyra will be dazzling on the 28th. I'll bring a camera along.

Suchie

Paula Shacklock
(Login PaulaShacklock)
Hummingbird lover 2011

April 5 2012, 5:46 PM 

If ever so Penny let me know!

Paula
nw PA/zone 5
heat zone 4

Find more about Weather in Greenville, PA
Click for weather forecast

Penny
(Login Pennytoo)
Hummingbird Moderator 2005

April 5 2012, 6:11 PM 

will do Paula LOL

Penny
NY
USDA hardiness zone 6a
Heat zone 4
Sunset zone 39
North_Tonawanda.gif

Pam
(Login seafire1)
Hummingbird Member 2006

April 9 2012, 7:37 PM 

Ward,

Isn't she normally doing garden tours in Cape May around that time? Has she see Palmyra before? Sounds like a treat! Iwhen is planting day. I know Suchie called and I agreed to go with her, if I don't have to be home for house buyers. It's going to be last minute on my end. But the lure of hummingbird plants for a seedling less season is too hard to pass up.

Pam
Matawan,NJ 6B
[linked image]

Image hosting by TinyPic

Ward
(Login WardDa)
Hummingbird Member 2005

April 10 2012, 6:11 AM 

Yes, she still does her tours of private wildlife gardens. Pat her husband and I are old old friends, more like family. The first year of the Palmyra gardens she came up with plants on planting day - mountain mint and seaside goldenrod, both of which have prospered. Try to make it if you can. If nothing else it would be a chance to say goodbye and wish you well in your new life.

Ward
(Login WardDa)
Hummingbird Member 2005

April 10 2012, 4:00 PM 

Pam, if you are coming April 28th try to give me a few days warning. I will probably take the day before off and wouldn't want to forget to bring you some plants.

Respond to this message   
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>return to index  
TinyPic image hosting site

TinyPic is a free picture hosting site (ad supported) and is not associated with this forum.

To use: Click on the Tinypic link above; Browse for your picture; Select and Open; Upload Now; Copy the Direct Link for Layouts; Paste that code in your message.

Free Image Hosting site

FreeImageHosting.net is a free picture hosting site (ad supported) and is not associated with this forum.

To use:Browse for your picture; Select and Open; Upload; Copy Image Code; Paste that code in your message.

FreeImageHosting.net -

Filename extensions allowed: gif, jpg, bmp, png
Filesize limit: 3,000KB

Translate to another language

Enter a long URL to make tiny:

PLEASE VISIT OUR OTHER SITES:

Feathered Friends Helpful Tips The Bug Forum The Butterfly Forum The Brugmansia Forum

Fatbirder's Top 1000 Birding Websites

The Hummingbird Forum was founded on September 15, 2005