Blogger Tricks
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>return to index  

David Verity lives!

April 29 2012 at 2:49 PM
Priya  (Login Priya_S)
Hummingbird Member 2006

I had cuphea David Verity in a pot last year, and it sat on the patio all winter. I pruned the dried branches down a month ago, and when I went to tip out the pot today, there were shoots coming up! This is a nice surprise,and these plants will probably be good candidates for overwintering under mulch/leaf bags.

Priya
Zone 7, Maryland

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply

(Login seafire1)
Hummingbird Member 2006

Re: David Verity lives!

April 29 2012, 2:55 PM 

Priya,

I receiveda ope of voluteer DV from Ward yesterday. He is zone 7, awfully so am I nw. Anyway, I think his we're seedlings, ur you'll ace o see what he sys. Great plant that you won't have to replace each year!!

Pam
Matawan,NJ 7a
[linked image]

Image hosting by TinyPic

(Login WardDa)
Hummingbird Member 2005

Re: David Verity lives!

April 29 2012, 3:06 PM 

They were cuttings, crummy ones.

The answer is yes, David Verity is a perfect leaf bag plant and it has come back for me under that treatment in warm winters and in cold ones. This winter doesn't really count since quite a few of the unprotected ones also returned. In a pot is something special though.

Current Topic - David Verity lives!  Respond to this message   
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>return to index  
Browse for your picture, Select and Open, Upload picture, Copy the "Shareable" code, Paste it in your message.

You can upload unlimited image files up to 2MB each for FREE.

Upload Now is an independent image hosting service and is not associated with this forum.
Translate to another language

Enter a long URL to make tiny:

PLEASE VISIT OUR OTHER SITES:

Feathered Friends Helpful Tips The Bug Forum The Butterfly Forum The Brugmansia Forum

Fatbirder's Top 1000 Birding Websites

The Hummingbird Forum was founded on September 15, 2005