<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>return to index  

Untitled

June 9 2012 at 5:43 AM
Ward  (Login WardDa)
Hummingbird Member 2005

I have had Monarda deer damage in the past. Actually not that far in the past, this spring. I moved some Monarda fistulosa at the park and it got browsed to the ground. Mostly Monarda has been untouched though. One thing I've seen is that newly transplanted plants of types not usually considered deer food will often be hit when they are young. Monarda is one and Seaside Goldenrod is another.

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
Becky
(Login beckygardener)
Hummingbirder 2008

Re: Untitled

June 9 2012, 8:26 PM 

That's an interesting observation you've discovered, Ward. Perhaps when the plant is weakened or a young seedling, they taste better or are easier to digest?

~Becky~

Find more about Weather in Sebastian, FL
Click for weather forecast

Respond to this message   
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>return to index  
TinyPic image hosting site

TinyPic is a free picture hosting site (ad supported) and is not associated with this forum.

To use: Click on the Tinypic link above; Browse for your picture; Select and Open; Upload Now; Copy the Direct Link for Layouts; Paste that code in your message.

Free Image Hosting site

FreeImageHosting.net is a free picture hosting site (ad supported) and is not associated with this forum.

To use:Browse for your picture; Select and Open; Upload; Copy Image Code; Paste that code in your message.

FreeImageHosting.net -

Filename extensions allowed: gif, jpg, bmp, png
Filesize limit: 3,000KB

Translate to another language

Enter a long URL to make tiny:

PLEASE VISIT OUR OTHER SITES:

Feathered Friends Helpful Tips The Bug Forum The Butterfly Forum The Brugmansia Forum

Fatbirder's Top 1000 Birding Websites

The Hummingbird Forum was founded on September 15, 2005