<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>return to index  

How Hummingbirds Feed Video

September 25 2013 at 12:52 AM

(Login kathirock)
Hummingbird Member 2006

I received this fascinating video through our State of Wisconsin Birding List. Enjoy!!

http://player.vimeo.com/video/68897592

If this is a repeat, I apologize and bear with me.

[linked image]

Michael and Kathi Rock
Madison, WI
Zone 5

[linked image]

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply

(Login beckygardener)
Hummingbirder 2008

Re: How Hummingbirds Feed Video

September 25 2013, 8:48 PM 

Kathi and Michael - This IS the same video I posted a link to earlier in September. It appears that the video was removed and I can't find it anywhere else. Too bad as it was really an interesting video about how the hummers drink nectar. [linked image]

~Becky~

[linked image]

(Login beckygardener)
Hummingbirder 2008

September 25 2013, 8:50 PM 

While I was searching the internet, I found a great website called WatchKnowLearn. It has a list of many of the better hummingbird videos on it:

http://www.watchknowlearn.org/Category.aspx?CategoryID=2194&page=1

[linked image] [linked image] [linked image] [linked image] [linked image] [linked image] [linked image]

~Becky~

[linked image]

(Login beckygardener)
Hummingbirder 2008

September 25 2013, 8:53 PM 

I have to laugh at the "YAY" Emoticons... using several of them together reminded me of all the students in my class when they get really wound up! Constant motion and noise .... [linked image]

~Becky~

[linked image]

Becky
(no login)

A SWEET video

September 25 2013, 10:22 PM 

I really enjoyed this particular video showing hummers in flight and feeding! Awesome captures!

http://www.watchknowlearn.org/Video.aspx?VideoID=49713&CategoryID=2194

(Login kathirock)
Hummingbird Member 2006

September 26 2013, 1:03 AM 

Becky,

Thanks for posting this great link!! I had sent this video to Michael earlier in the day and he e-mailed me and said he couldn't get to it. I noticed that you had posted it earlier in the month on The Forum and another friend also sent it to Michael today and it's just gone (I tried looking on the internet and couldn't find it.) I wonder why??? This so strange!!

Anyhow, thanks so much. There's nothing worse than posting a non-working link to a forum [linked image] !!!

[linked image]
[linked image]

P.S. I love the emoticons (especially some of the new ones), but Bob, I think we'll need the snow emoticon (little snowman with falling snow) back up again---that dreaded season is coming soon!!

Michael and Kathi Rock
Madison, WI
Zone 5

[linked image]

(Login kathirock)
Hummingbird Member 2006

September 27 2013, 1:18 AM 

We are unfortunately unable to locate the original video of how a hummingbird feeds, which was fantastic.

Anyhow, someone from The Wisconsin Birding List suggested this video as a replacement and it is pretty good too:

http://www.wired.com/wiredscience/2011/05/hummingbird-tongue-drinking/

Bob, thanks for adding the snow emoticon. Unfortunately, it's just around the corner.

[linked image]

Michael and Kathi Rock
Madison, WI
Zone 5

[linked image]

Current Topic - How Hummingbirds Feed Video  Respond to this message   
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>return to index  
TinyPic image hosting site

TinyPic is a free picture hosting site and is not associated with this forum.

To use: Click on the Tinypic link above; Browse for your picture; Select and Open; Upload Now; Copy the Direct Link for Layouts; Paste that code in your message.

Free Image Hosting site

FreeImageHosting.net is a free picture hosting site (ad supported) and is not associated with this forum.

To use:Browse for your picture; Select and Open; Upload; Copy Image Code; Paste that code in your message.

FreeImageHosting.net -

Filename extensions allowed: gif, jpg, bmp, png
Filesize limit: 3,000KB

Translate to another language

Enter a long URL to make tiny:

PLEASE VISIT OUR OTHER SITES:

Feathered Friends Helpful Tips The Bug Forum The Butterfly Forum The Brugmansia Forum

Fatbirder's Top 1000 Birding Websites

The Hummingbird Forum was founded on September 15, 2005