<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

The Baiting Hollow Hummingbird Sanctuary

June 1 2014 at 8:52 AM

Donna  (Login howlinggood)
Hummingbirder 2012

Hi everyone, as you know, I am trying to help Paul Adams, owner of The Baiting Hollow Hummingbird Sanctuary and member of this forum, in his fight against his neighbors who want to stop Paul from ever hosting visitors to the Sanctuary. Visitors are only allowed during the month of August and at very restricted times and numbers. I suspect there may be some more self serving motives as well from the people who brought this $3 MILLION dollar lawsuit against him.

If you don't follow the Facebook page I started or haven't signed the online petition I started, please consider doing so.

Facebook page:https://www.facebook.com/bhhummingbird

Petition:http://www.change.org/petitions/sean-walter-robert-f-kozakiewicz-help-keep-the-baiting-hollow-hummingbird-sanctuary-open

Also provided is a link to Paul's blog regarding the latest developments of the suit, he is looking for advice on how to proceed. Unfortunately, the lawyer who was supposed to represent Paul in the case has retired.

http://bhhummer.blogspot.com/2014/06/new-video.html

You can leave advice/comments on the Facebook page which will get relayed to Paul or here.

Thanks in advance for any insights/ help anyone can provide!
Donna
Long Island, NY
Zone 7(a)?

Click for Forecast for 11740 from weatherUSA.net

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply

Kathi and Michael Rock
(Login kathirock)
Hummingbird Member 2006

Re: The Baiting Hollow Hummingbird Sanctuary

June 1 2014, 12:34 PM 

Donna,

I have signed the online petition, but just wanted to say that I think it's so sad that a beautiful hummingbird and wildlife sanctuary is under this kind of public attack.

[linked image]
Michael and Kathi Rock
Madison, WI
Zone 5

[linked image]

Ron
(Login RonDEZone7a)
Hummingbirder 2008

June 2 2014, 11:00 PM 

Donna,

I signed the petition too. Sad that these wealthy neighbors have nothing better to do that worry about some birdwatchers walking around the property next to them (since as we know, hummingbirders are a rough lot who cause lots of problems!).

Would they prefer that this guy donates the land to the state or county parks department, where they would build a BIG parking lot and let in unlimited numbers of people every day? Or would they rather see the land subdivied into a housing development? People are so petty and selfish... and stupid! What could be a better neighbor than a bird sanctuary???
Wilmington, Delaware
USDA zone 7a
Heat zone 6
Sunset zone 32
[linked image]

Donna
(Login howlinggood)
Hummingbirder 2012

June 3 2014, 6:56 AM 

Thanks so much Ron! If you liked the Facebook page, you can see I have used your quote from the petition, hope you don't mind. I completely agree with everything you say. Maybe they just want to make Paul have to sell the land, then they can buy it, develop it and resell for more monetary gains. Isn't that what a lot of people are all about anyway? Certainly not around this forum but on Long Island, there are many.[linked image]
Donna
Long Island, NY
Zone 7(a)?

Donna
(Login howlinggood)
Hummingbirder 2012

June 3 2014, 6:59 AM 

Thanks Kathi for signing!!!
Donna
Long Island, NY
Zone 7(a)?

Ron
(Login RonDEZone7a)
Hummingbirder 2008

June 3 2014, 10:18 AM 

Donna,

I added a comment, under my quote, on the Facebook page.
https://www.facebook.com/bhhummingbird

These bad neighbors, complaining about the bird sanctuary, really aren't thinking. There are so many worse things to have next to you, than a bird sanctuary! Isn't this out by the Hamptons, where all these millionaires have noisy summer parties? They SHOULD BE sighing in "relief" that the land next to them is being treated as a bird sanctuary rather than getting developed !! They SHOULD BE urging the owner to leave the land to the Nature Conservancy so it stays undeveloped !!!

And too bad if the town government is going along with this craziness. The problem with these small towns is that they typically get controlled by a few pushy people, often business people with their own agendas, who think they own the rest of the town.
Wilmington, Delaware
USDA zone 7a
Heat zone 6
Sunset zone 32
[linked image]

This message has been edited by RonDEZone7a on Jun 3, 2014 10:20 AM

Donna
(Login howlinggood)
Hummingbirder 2012

June 3 2014, 11:47 AM 

Sadly, that is exactly what is going on. The neighbor in the McMansion next door who isn't even from the states, is a millionaire who doesn't want people there at all. Period. Never mind that he and his family are hardy ever there. It's just because they have money to throw away that this suit was brought about at all.

And yes, the residents (if you can call them that) have much worse concerns than a few people at restricted hours for the month of August.

Take for example, the endless number of helicopters ferrying celebs and the rich and famous back and forth from their Manhattan digs to their summer weekend digs in the Hamptons. But then again, these millionaire neighbors probably have their own helicopter as well.

SIGH[linked image]

Doesn't anyone care about the hummingbirds? I do and that is why I am doing all I can to try and help.
Donna
Long Island, NY
Zone 7(a)?

Donna
(Login howlinggood)
Hummingbirder 2012

June 4 2014, 6:58 AM 

Here is a link to the suit details brought on by the neighbors if anyone is interested

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B5xkgVpPbAQtNk9DdVVnWTMyNGM/edit?pli=1
Donna
Long Island, NY
Zone 7(a)?

Lovehum
(Login Lovehum)

June 4 2014, 8:11 AM 

I signed this a couple months ago and I'm looking forward to visiting one day in August.

"Numerous unattractive signs" lol, how petty can these folks be. It's quite sad.

Nothing's stopping them from working with their neighbor Mr. Adams in a reasonable, peaceful way. Instead they run to the courts to waste everybody's time and money. Their insane, ultra-aggressive three million dollar(!!!) lawsuit demonstrates that all they really care about is gaining money unjustly and flexing bully tactics. I hope they rethink the choices they are making in life but I doubt it. These lawsuit-happy neighbors sound imprisoned by superficiality and quite removed from the enjoyment of nature as well as any connection to decent fellow humans.

Anyway, I hope every single member on this hummingbird forum signs and shares it far and wide. This is very important.

[linked image][linked image][linked image]

PS Let me know if there is anything else I can do to help.
NY
Zone 6 or 7

This message has been edited by Lovehum on Jun 4, 2014 8:16 AM

Donna
(Login howlinggood)
Hummingbirder 2012

June 4 2014, 8:54 AM 

Hi Lovehum, thanks for the support, please share to your friends, at this point, there isn't much else we can do. Unless you know a lawyer who might be able to help him pro bono. [linked image]
Donna
Long Island, NY
Zone 7(a)?

Respond to this message   
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
TinyPic image hosting site
TinyPic is a free picture hosting site (ad supported) and is not associated with this forum.

To use: Click on the Tinypic link above; Browse for your picture; Select and Open; Upload Now; Copy the Direct Link for Layouts; Paste that code in your message.

Postimage hosting site
Postimage is a free picture hosting site (with some ads) and is not associated with this forum.

To use: Click on the Postimage link above; Browse for your picture by clicking on Choose Image.; Select your image and Open; Highlight and Copy the Hotlink for website ; Paste that code in your message.

PLEASE VISIT OUR OTHER SITES:
Feathered Friends The Butterfly Forum The Brugmansia Forum

map_v2.png?u=h2sm&d=9lixPygMc1t0CHHPqCRs

Fatbirder's Top 1000 Birding Websites

The Hummingbird Forum was founded on September 15, 2005
Keeping hummingbirds alive in cold weather
web analytics