<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>return to index  
Joni
(Login Yodlei44)
Hummingbirder 2008

Re: Aphids !

May 16 2017, 6:46 PM 

No aphids on my 'Cedar Lane'! Just wished it flowered longer. It's the reddest one I have & doesn't continue flowering as the other sempervirens I have. Will need to cut this back after flowering since it is propped up by multiple means & wants to tip over. Although far away from where I was weeding, I kept forgetting to glance to see if any Hummers around.

[linked image]

I moved 'John Clayton' year before last & it also fell over some but is flowering pretty well & didn't notice any aphids on it either.

Bought 'Major Wheeler' last year but over-wintered in garage as I didn't know where to put it at the time. I think I will be making some homemade PVC cloches & combine with rebar in the "legs". These wire supports from garden centers aren't cutting it & don't have a fence.

Joni
Elwood, IL
Zone 5b
[linked image]

Indy Steve
(Login SteveWnindy)
Hummingbird lover 2007

May 16 2017, 7:55 PM 

One major wheeler has some foliage at the base and nothing up the trellis and another MW has foliage half way up the trellis but not a single flower and I can tell it has had aphids on it. I feel Im wasting my time with these two as neither flowered the last two years.
Steve
Martinsville In.
Zone 6

Find more about Weather in Martinsville, IN
Click for weather forecast

Dan
(Login hawkeye_wx)
Hummingbird lover 2009

May 18 2017, 7:06 PM 

My honeysuckle is covered in aphids. I'll have to cut off a bunch of infested blooms and growth tips. Bah!
East-central Iowa
Zone 5a

< Previous Page 1 2 3 Next >
  Respond to this message   
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>return to index  
Search the Hummingbird Forum using Google search:
TinyPic image hosting site
TinyPic is a free picture hosting site (ad supported) and is not associated with this forum.

To use: Click on the Tinypic link above; Browse for your picture; Select and Open; Upload Now; Copy the Direct Link for Layouts; Paste that code in your message.

Postimage hosting site
Postimageis a free picture hosting site (with some ads) and is not associated with this forum.

To use: Click on the Postimage link above; Browse for your picture by clicking on Choose Image.; Select your image and Open; Highlight and Copy the Direct Link ; Paste that code in your message.

PLEASE VISIT OUR OTHER SITES:
Feathered Friends Helpful Tips The Bug Forum The Butterfly Forum The Brugmansia Forum

map_v2.png?u=h2sm&d=9lixPygMc1t0CHHPqCRs

Fatbirder's Top 1000 Birding Websites

The Hummingbird Forum was founded on September 15, 2005
Keeping hummingbirds alive in cold weather
web analytics