<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

My new plants arrived today!

April 19 2017 at 8:51 PM
Linda  (Login roper2014)
Hummingbird Lover 2014

I couldn't remember what days in April I requested for my shipping date. I was going to message Kermit today to
check, but I got too busy. They were on the doorstep when I got back from the bank. These are all new to me. I
think I picked some pretty good ones. I ordered salvia greggii Dark Dancer, salvia Windwalker, Betsy's Choice,
Blue Ensign ( I think it is Steve who has a beautiful patch of these), salvia rubescens subsp. dolichothrix, Mulberry
Jam, and 2 scarlet spires.
Virginia Beach, VA
Zone 7b

Virginia Beach, Virginia Conditions

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
Indy Steve
(Login SteveWnindy)
Hummingbird lover 2007

Re: My new plants arrived today!

April 19 2017, 9:45 PM 

Linda

Sounds like you got some nice plants, have heard a lot about dark dancer never had it though. My blue ensign is just starting only about 3" above ground black and blue shorter than that but eventually will get some size to it.
Steve
Martinsville In.
Zone 6

Find more about Weather in Martinsville, IN
Click for weather forecast

Linda
(Login roper2014)
Hummingbird Lover 2014

April 19 2017, 10:02 PM 

That's why I ordered Blue Ensign, because of your pictures. I'm wondering if these plants do well in full sun, or light
shade. I mostly have full sun in front and back. There are a few areas of light shade.
Virginia Beach, VA
Zone 7b

Virginia Beach, Virginia Conditions

Joni
(Login Yodlei44)
Hummingbirder 2008

April 19 2017, 10:04 PM 

Had to google a couple, Linda. Sounds like some goodies. Scarlet Spires is I know & Steve's Blue Ensign is always very nice looking. Good luck & happy planting.

Joni
Elwood, IL
Zone 5
[linked image]

Indy Steve
(Login SteveWnindy)
Hummingbird lover 2007

April 19 2017, 10:55 PM 

Linda

My blue ensign are in full sun but would most likely do ok in some shade as long as they get some sun.
Steve
Martinsville In.
Zone 6

Find more about Weather in Martinsville, IN
Click for weather forecast

Respond to this message   
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
Search the Hummingbird Forum using Google search:
TinyPic image hosting site
TinyPic is a free picture hosting site (ad supported) and is not associated with this forum.

To use: Click on the Tinypic link above; Browse for your picture; Select and Open; Upload Now; Copy the Direct Link for Layouts; Paste that code in your message.

Postimage hosting site
Postimage is a free picture hosting site (with some ads) and is not associated with this forum.

To use: Click on the Postimage link above; Browse for your picture by clicking on Choose Image.; Select your image and Open; Highlight and Copy the Hotlink for website ; Paste that code in your message.

PLEASE VISIT OUR OTHER SITES:
Feathered Friends The Butterfly Forum The Brugmansia Forum

map_v2.png?u=h2sm&d=9lixPygMc1t0CHHPqCRs

Fatbirder's Top 1000 Birding Websites

The Hummingbird Forum was founded on September 15, 2005
Keeping hummingbirds alive in cold weather
web analytics