<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>return to index  

Buff Bellied

April 20 2017 at 10:30 AM
Dylan  (Login utahxericman)
Hummingbird Lover 2016

[linked image] Saw my first Buff Bellied hummer yesterday! It is a beautiful hummer watched it for about 5 minutes had great color such a vibrant green on its chest and neck area, it was hard to spot at first it looked like a little green leaf. Also saw my first Ruby Throats as well. Plus many other firsts for bird species. Enjoying our Chorpus Christi trip, hopefully when we get back home our Black chinned hummers will be there!

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
Ward Dasey
(Login WardDas)
Hummingbird Moderator 2005

Re: Buff Bellied

April 20 2017, 10:57 AM 

That is great, I was afraid you might miss Buff-bellied. Give us a full report when you get back.

Nancy Newfield
(Login humband1)
Hummingbird Member 2005

April 20 2017, 11:25 AM 

Dylan, Buff-bellied are my favorite hummer species. Listen to hear if you can learn his voice. They are among the more vocal and vocally varied of the North American [north of Mexico] species. Enjoy your trip and tell us all about it!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Nancy L Newfield
Casa Colibrí
Metairie, LA USA
nancy@casacolibri.net
Find more about Weather in Metairie, LA
Click for weather forecast

Ruth who wishes network 54 would fix this!
(Login flowerpowereverett)
Butterfly Moderator 2005

April 20 2017, 1:20 PM 

Hi Dylan, congrats on your sighting...I see you made another post when you weren't logeged into the forum which is why it wasn't showing up. I'll go ahead and delete it,just letting you know.
Ruth
Everett, WA
Zone 8
Find more about Weather in San Francisco, CA

Joni
(Login Yodlei44)
Hummingbirder 2008

April 20 2017, 3:37 PM 

Congrats, Dylan! Heard Corpus Christi is one of America's best birding areas.

Joni
Elwood, IL
Zone 5
[linked image]

Kathi and Michael Rock
(Login kathirock)
Hummingbird Member 2006

April 21 2017, 3:27 AM 

Dylan,

[linked image] on your sighting of the Buff-bellied hummingbird. We saw one in Louisiana many years ago. They are amazing hummingbirds.

Glad to hear that you are enjoying birding in the Corpus Christi area. It is definitely the place to be for birds in April!!
Michael and Kathi Rock
Madison, WI
Zone 5

[linked image]

Indy Steve
(Login SteveWnindy)
Hummingbird lover 2007

April 22 2017, 10:11 PM 

Dylan

I was looking at some images of the buff-bellied hummer- wow! what striking colors on that bird. No wonder you were so excited as anyone would be.
Steve
Martinsville In.
Zone 6

Find more about Weather in Martinsville, IN

Respond to this message   
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>return to index  
Search the Hummingbird Forum using Google search:
TinyPic image hosting site
TinyPic is a free picture hosting site (ad supported) and is not associated with this forum.

To use: Click on the Tinypic link above; Browse for your picture; Select and Open; Upload Now; Copy the Direct Link for Layouts; Paste that code in your message.

Postimage hosting site
Postimage is a free picture hosting site (with some ads) and is not associated with this forum.

To use: Click on the Postimage link above; Browse for your picture by clicking on Choose Image.; Select your image and Open; Highlight and Copy the Direct Link ; Paste that code in your message. ; Paste that code in your message.

PLEASE VISIT OUR OTHER SITES:
Feathered Friends Helpful Tips The Bug Forum The Butterfly Forum The Brugmansia Forum

map_v2.png?u=h2sm&d=9lixPygMc1t0CHHPqCRs

Fatbirder's Top 1000 Birding Websites

The Hummingbird Forum was founded on September 15, 2005
Keeping hummingbirds alive in cold weather
web analytics