<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>return to index  

Help, posting photos

April 20 2017 at 11:50 AM
Larry-Southaven, MS USDA Zone 7B  (Login LarryForce)
Hummingbird Lover 2017

Am trying to learn how to post photos on out site. While using the Postimage Hosting Site shown on our site, every thing goes fine to a point. Selected the image, opened, copied the Hotlink for websites by clicking the clipboard symbol, but have to leave our site to paste. When I return, no image and started post is gone. Sorry am now very compute smart. Have never copied and pasted anything. probably need to ask my 8 year granddaughter what I need to do and she could tell me. Am on Windows 10 now and a lot has changed that I haven't picked up yet. Any suggestions or help would be greatly appreciated. You should be able to contact me by e-mail. Thanks, Larry

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
Ruth who wishes network 54 would fix this!
(Login flowerpowereverett)
Butterfly Moderator 2005

Re: Help, posting photos

April 20 2017, 1:14 PM 

Hi Larry, belated welcome to the Hummingbird Forum, glad you found us! [linked image]

Here is a link you might find helpful which includes a couple of You Tube videos on how to post photos:
http://www.network54.com/Forum/439743/thread/1374006027/last-1374013895/*****+----+HOW+TO+POST+A+PICTURE++----+*****

I haven't yet made the switch to Windows 10(I know, I am living in the dark ages! [linked image] ) however, when I post photos on this forum I have 2 tabs up, one for this forum and the other for my web hosting site. To copy and paste I left click to copy and paste, moving to the forum site to make the post. If you are using your smart phone the procedure is slightly different so please, let me know and I'll try to help.
Ruth
Everett, WA
Zone 8
Find more about Weather in San Francisco, CA
Click for weather forecast

Joni
(Login Yodlei44)
Hummingbirder 2008

April 20 2017, 2:45 PM 

Larry,
I always used Photobucket but they emailed me recently that they are capping use at 1G which isn't very much anymore. Found if you delete pix there, they will disappear on here which isn't good if you go back to an old thread.

Used Tinypic for the first time last night. It doesn't transfer to another open tab or open its own like Photobucket does so after pix downloaded & clicked on that bottom link (the one Bob mentioned) & right clicked & copied, I then back arrowed til it took me back to my post & then pasted it. Worked fine but very slow to download but Photobucket takes a long time to. Shame since Photobucket did open its own tab so you could go back to the post & continue typing but only on the post you were already working on.

I did also find that Photobucket wasn't keeping pictures in the order I posted as it did in the past so I would have to dig to find them.

What other sites do others use out there? Dropbox came with my tablet but I don't use it. Might have to investigate & see how user friendly that is.

Joni
Elwood, IL
Zone 5
[linked image]

Ward Dasey
(Login WardDas)
Hummingbird Moderator 2005

April 20 2017, 4:16 PM 

I have been successful with the post image link at the bottom of the forum page. Not that I use it much since the only camera I have is the one on my old iPhone and the photos aren't good. To use it you just have to have your photos saved somewhere in your computer and then follow the directions at the site. If I can do it the average marsupial can do it, these things often confuse me.

Ruth who wishes network 54 would fix this!
(Login flowerpowereverett)
Butterfly Moderator 2005

April 20 2017, 4:35 PM 

Hi Joni, I tried to use Dropbox on my phone, myself, however, it too, has a limited space, which makes it pretty useless in my opinion. I use PBase for my webhosting site, but it does cost an annual fee. Have not used Photobucket for some time, I am not surprised that they are now limiting space though. Let me know how it goes with Tinypic, not sure how the ad supported sites work yet.
Ruth
Everett, WA
Zone 8
Find more about Weather in San Francisco, CA

Larry-Southaven, MS USDA Zone 7B
(Login LarryForce)
Hummingbird Lover 2017

Help, posting photos

April 20 2017, 5:02 PM 

Ruth, I am also in the dark ages when it comes to phones, don't have a smart phone, just an old flip type phone. All my internet access is done on my home computer. Thanks for the information you posted, I'll see if that will help me.
Thanks everyone, maybe I can eventually figure this out with everyone's help. Would like to post a few photos sometimes.
Larry

Indy Steve
(Login SteveWnindy)
Hummingbird lover 2007

April 20 2017, 5:49 PM 

Larry

Welcome , and you are not alone I too still use my flipphone and my desktop as my computer outlet. I use photobucket as my image storing site , I guess there are better option out there.
Steve
Martinsville In.
Zone 6

Find more about Weather in Martinsville, IN

Joe M.
(Login flhummer)
Hummingbirder 2012

April 20 2017, 7:44 PM 

Larry,,
I agree with Ruth that the key to trouble free downloads of photos to a forum post is to have a separate "tab" open for the image hosting site.
It involves a separate step but you won't have to reopen and start over when the image hosting site decides to "time out", requiring you to reenter all your info.
Joe M.
Lakeland, FL

Click for Forecast for 33813 from weatherUSA

Respond to this message   
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>return to index  
Search the Hummingbird Forum using Google search:
TinyPic image hosting site
TinyPic is a free picture hosting site (ad supported) and is not associated with this forum.

To use: Click on the Tinypic link above; Browse for your picture; Select and Open; Upload Now; Copy the Direct Link for Layouts; Paste that code in your message.

Postimage hosting site
Postimage is a free picture hosting site (with some ads) and is not associated with this forum.

To use: Click on the Postimage link above; Browse for your picture by clicking on Choose Image.; Select your image and Open; Highlight and Copy the Hotlink for website ; Paste that code in your message. ; Paste that code in your message.

PLEASE VISIT OUR OTHER SITES:
Feathered Friends Helpful Tips The Bug Forum The Butterfly Forum The Brugmansia Forum

map_v2.png?u=h2sm&d=9lixPygMc1t0CHHPqCRs

Fatbirder's Top 1000 Birding Websites

The Hummingbird Forum was founded on September 15, 2005
Keeping hummingbirds alive in cold weather
web analytics