<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>  
Carol
(Login Carolmb)
Bird Lover

Essential garden glazed red fountain pot on sale

July 26 2017, 8:07 AM 

Hi Steve, glad to hear there is a sale on this fountain - that is the lowest I have heard of. I still have mine, and its been working well since I bought it about 5 years ago. Maybe will have to check my K-Mart though, that is a great price.!! I also forget to check out the red fountain pics on FB and should post one of mine...my hummer did check it out the other day!
Carol
Milford, CT
Zone 6
[linked image]

Marilyn Gruber
(Login MarilynGruber)
Hummingbird Lover 2015

essential garden glazed red fountain pot-on sale

July 26 2017, 11:07 AM 

Carol,

Sending you a big "HOORAY"!! Good to hear the news that a hummer showed interest in your fountain.

Marilyn
Marilyn Gruber
Wisconsin
Zone 5

Indy Steve
(Login SteveWnindy)
Hummingbird lover 2007

Re: essential garden glazed red fountain pot- on sale

July 26 2017, 11:09 AM 

Carol

Glad to hear you had some success with hummers using your fountain. As far as I know they have never touched mine although other birds have. Yes that is a great price even cheaper than the one I bought. Anytime you find this fountain priced in the $30's better jump on it.
Steve
Martinsville In.
Zone 6

Find more about Weather in Martinsville, IN
Click for weather forecast

Joni
(Login Yodlei44)
Hummingbirder 2008

August 8 2017, 11:53 AM 

Steve,

Had my fountain over a week now & have been looking for SunGuard UV Protectanthttp://www.gardenfun.com/sunguard.html. Heard this should be the best. Shows sold at Sears but girl at the store said on-line only even though I didn't see that mentioned. Sister seems to think she has seen it out multiple times but I think she is crazy. I didn't want to wait for mail order but appears I might have to. Haven't checked on-line prices yet but see just by searching that it is going for $6.99 up to $24.99. That is quite a spread so I will be checking again after I come back inside later today.

As for retail,I have already checked Lowes, Home Depot, Menards, Hobby Lobby, Michaels & a couple of other non-chain places to no avail. Sis said she thought she saw it at Lowes before but I looked in the paint aisle & she said it was near the outdoor furniture. Have to be careful as they make same protectant for fabric & bet that is the one she saw. Might have been looking in the wrong departments but if they don't have fountains or pond stuff, not sure where I would look?

Joni
Elwood, IL
Zone 5b
[linked image]

Indy Steve
(Login SteveWnindy)
Hummingbird lover 2007

August 8 2017, 1:39 PM 

Mine still looks good except for the top and drainoff where water sits, the sides still look good. I dont know if you can protect where water sits and moves.

Just got thru cleaning my fountain and there was some algae inside and out. After cleaning I decided to try the old penny trick with it and see what happens,,, why not.

BTW my birdbath is still running clean with the penny method.
Steve
Martinsville In.
Zone 6

This message has been edited by SteveWnindy on Aug 8, 2017 2:02 PM

Marilyn Gruber
(Login MarilynGruber)
Hummingbird Lover 2015

essential garden glazed red fountain pot - on sale

August 8 2017, 2:16 PM 

Hello to fellow fountain owners,

I plan to sand mine down a bit at the end of the season and paint it (by hand as I feel I will get a thicker coat of paint on it that way). But, have any of you seen the posting on the red fountain facebook page? It is very, very sad to think of what some people are doing to the hummingbirds after luring them with hand held feeders. So very disturbing.

Marilyn
Marilyn Gruber
Wisconsin
Zone 5

Indy Steve
(Login SteveWnindy)
Hummingbird lover 2007

August 9 2017, 10:53 AM 

Whatever it is I dont wish to view it, I will take your word for it.

Concerning my fountain after cleaning inside and out and good as I could, I placed 3 pennies in the tank and two on top, so far running clean. The pennies I used were made before 1980.
Steve
Martinsville In.
Zone 6

Joni
(Login Yodlei44)
Hummingbirder 2008

August 9 2017, 10:36 PM 

I looked when you mentioned it before & didn't see anything bad as far as luring was concerned but I did notice there were different ones & didn't find the exact name you mentioned. Did see a couple of horrible things but only problems with folks using things for repelling ants & about the red dye. RE: vaseline, Tanglefoot, etc. that can get on their wings but nothing sounded intentional...only misinformed.

Something that didn't sound right was the mention to not get the sugar water on the feeder as their feathers can get stuck. Mine flap in the breeze quite often & only attracts ants when that happens. Bird stuck to a feeder via sugar water, doesn't sound right. Think there might have been more than sugar water on that feeder.

Joni
Elwood, IL
Zone 5b
[linked image]

< Previous Page 1 2 Next >
  Respond to this message   
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>  
TinyPic image hosting site
TinyPic is a free picture hosting site (ad supported) and is not associated with this forum.

To use: Click on the Tinypic link above; Browse for your picture; Select and Open; Upload Now; Copy the Direct Link for Layouts; Paste that code in your message.

Postimage hosting site
Postimage is a free picture hosting site (with some ads) and is not associated with this forum.

To use: Click on the Postimage link above; Browse for your picture by clicking on Choose Image.; Select your image and Open; Highlight and Copy the Hotlink for website ; Paste that code in your message.

PLEASE VISIT OUR OTHER SITES:
Feathered Friends The Butterfly Forum The Brugmansia Forum

map_v2.png?u=h2sm&d=9lixPygMc1t0CHHPqCRs

Fatbirder's Top 1000 Birding Websites

The Hummingbird Forum was founded on September 15, 2005
Keeping hummingbirds alive in cold weather
web analytics