<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>return to index  

essential garden glazed red fountain pot- on sale

May 1 2017 at 12:31 PM
Indy Steve  (Login SteveWnindy)
Hummingbird lover 2007

Just an update on the red pot fountain- Kmart now has this item on sale for $39.95 for anyone interested.
Steve
Martinsville In.
Zone 6

Find more about Weather in Martinsville, IN
Click for weather forecast

This message has been edited by SteveWnindy on May 1, 2017 12:32 PM

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
Fran
(Login happyhummer)
Hummingbird Lover 2015

Re: essential garden glazed red fountain pot- on sale

May 1 2017, 12:48 PM 

Thank you for the heads-up! I need an extra one.

Fran
Lakeview, OR
Zone 4/5

Joni
(Login Yodlei44)
Hummingbirder 2008

May 1 2017, 3:26 PM 

Yes, thanks for the reminder. I saw Sears had it a while back (owned by K-Mart) but didn't jump on it.

Joni
Elwood, IL
Zone 5
[linked image]

Indy Steve
(Login SteveWnindy)
Hummingbird lover 2007

May 1 2017, 8:04 PM 

I paid $48 for the last one I bought and the pump failed after 3 yrs and I didnt want to pay the cost for a new one so this is a nice price. I will get one though as I really like it but will put some clear coat on this one.
Steve
Martinsville In.
Zone 6

Joni
(Login Yodlei44)
Hummingbirder 2008

May 2 2017, 7:46 PM 

Our local K-Mart just closed last year but there is another one which isn't too far out of the way. Website said they have it in stock to even better yet! Just have to pick up some clear coat.

Joni
Elwood, IL
Zone 5
[linked image]

Indy Steve
(Login SteveWnindy)
Hummingbird lover 2007

May 2 2017, 7:57 PM 

Joni

IM not positive but I read in one place that the sale price is only good for online. So you might want to call the kmart to see what their price is for the fountain. It also appears that sears is selling the fountain at the same price.
Steve
Martinsville In.
Zone 6

This message has been edited by SteveWnindy on May 2, 2017 8:00 PM

Tom M
(Login TomnStPete)
Hummingbird Lover 2014

May 3 2017, 4:32 PM 

Interesting the Kmart price online is $48.99. Free shipping on orders over $49 sad.gif

Ditto with Sears....
St Pete Tom
USDA 10a, Heat 10

Indy Steve
(Login SteveWnindy)
Hummingbird lover 2007

May 3 2017, 5:59 PM 

Guess I was lucky then to get in on the sale price of $39.95 online only. Picked mine up at the store today. I noticed they had some of these fountains in the store priced at $69.95. On my previous one I had to pay the $48, whatever works for you.
Steve
Martinsville In.
Zone 6

Tom M
(Login TomnStPete)
Hummingbird Lover 2014

May 3 2017, 7:11 PM 

I think they had $10 promo if you signed up first time you hit the website, but I didn't do that. Did you, or was it $10 cheaper when you made your purchase?
St Pete Tom
USDA 10a, Heat 10

Indy Steve
(Login SteveWnindy)
Hummingbird lover 2007

May 3 2017, 8:24 PM 

I didnt see any promo, hadnt checked the price for a while at the site , just happened to hit it just at the right time. Possibly it was at the end of a promo and I happened into it, not sure all I know is what I paid for it.
Steve
Martinsville In.
Zone 6

Joni
(Login Yodlei44)
Hummingbirder 2008

May 4 2017, 11:02 PM 

There was no promo at the time Steve posted. I didn't notice the tiny, little "on-line only" but did look again 5/2 when Steve mentioned that. It was late & was on my tablet instead of the desktop so I went on early yesterday morning to buy it & then pick up at store & saw the price had changed. They now have 10% off but that stinks. I'm waiting since I don't like playing those games, especially if you also have to protect it. $40 is still a little much so I'll stick to the mister for now. Hopefully, I will have enough time to get my water features going.

Joni
Elwood, IL
Zone 5
[linked image]

Indy Steve
(Login SteveWnindy)
Hummingbird lover 2007

May 5 2017, 10:12 AM 

Joni -- Just keep a close watch out on the site and it may go on sale again and when it does , dont wait jump on it , that is if you want it.

Anyone that has a lot trees , filtered sunlight might not have to worry about coating the finish on the fountain, the only other option for me might be to have some tall ferns to protect from the sun. I noticed the fading only happened at the point where the water sits and the run off. A combo of sun and water.
Steve
Martinsville In.
Zone 6

This message has been edited by SteveWnindy on May 5, 2017 10:40 AM

Indy Steve
(Login SteveWnindy)
Hummingbird lover 2007

May 14 2017, 10:14 AM 

Glad to see they have made some changes in the current updated version of this fountain at least compared to the one I had a few years ago. There is an adjust on the bubbler so you can control how much water the pump bring up. Also the plugin is changed it used to be an L shaped thing and you cound not put a weather protector on it for rain, but they have straightened it out on this model and you can. I put half a dozen coats of clear coat on this one and will recoat it each and every season, hope it helps.

photo IMG_1128 800x533_zpswmqtoah7.jpg
Steve
Martinsville In.
Zone 6

Joni
(Login Yodlei44)
Hummingbirder 2008

May 16 2017, 6:34 PM 

Looked today & now its $56+. Keeps going up but will keep checking from time to time. Probably won't see it go down until mid summer now I'll bet. I've seen a green one similar to this with Hummers on it somewhere. I will have to check on that one again.

Joni
Elwood, IL
Zone 5
[linked image]

Respond to this message   
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>return to index  
Search the Hummingbird Forum using Google search:
TinyPic image hosting site
TinyPic is a free picture hosting site (ad supported) and is not associated with this forum.

To use: Click on the Tinypic link above; Browse for your picture; Select and Open; Upload Now; Copy the Direct Link for Layouts; Paste that code in your message.

Postimage hosting site
Postimage is a free picture hosting site (with some ads) and is not associated with this forum.

To use: Click on the Postimage link above; Browse for your picture by clicking on Choose Image.; Select your image and Open; Highlight and Copy the Hotlink for website ; Paste that code in your message.

PLEASE VISIT OUR OTHER SITES:
Feathered Friends Helpful Tips The Bug Forum The Butterfly Forum The Brugmansia Forum

map_v2.png?u=h2sm&d=9lixPygMc1t0CHHPqCRs

Fatbirder's Top 1000 Birding Websites

The Hummingbird Forum was founded on September 15, 2005
Keeping hummingbirds alive in cold weather
web analytics