Re: Possible Bahama Woodstar

May 18 2017, 11:34 PM 

Glad your trip was a success, Joe!
Far west Chicago 'Burbs, Zone 5a
Click for Forecast for 60139 from weatherUSA

King Cupheaphea
(Login King_Cupheaphea)
Hummingbird Member 2005

I don't know how these clippings ended up in my pocket!

May 19 2017, 2:32 AM 

Hey Joe! Great photos! What a rare opportunity for you to have cashed in on!

So how many clippings of that plant did you..., I mean you got the name of that plant it was feeding from so that you could purchase some for your own yard, right?!

How cool would it be if it wasn't the only Bahama Woodstar to get blown off course/went crazy and migrated to Florida mon, and showed up with a few little ones in your backyard in the next year or two?!
~Nate. [linked image] The Mighty King Cupheaphea is in Zn 1/2" to the left of your second knuckle from the tip of your thumb on your right palm. wink.gif[linked image]

Joe M.
(Login flhummer)
Hummingbirder 2012

Re: Bahama Woodstar

May 19 2017, 4:00 PM 

Hey "King", I already have several Cape Honey Suckle "Tecomaria capensis" in my yard and I wasn't about to gather cuttings while a dozen or more observers were waiting to see her. I would have been pilloried on the spot. One of the plants in my yard is over 10' and does get a fair amount of attention, when I have hummers, and it blooms on and off throughout the year but not constantly. It's not a true honeysuckle but who cares, the hummers like it!
Joe M.
Lakeland, FL

< Previous Page 1 2 Next >
  Respond to this message   
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
Search the Hummingbird Forum using Google search:
TinyPic image hosting site
TinyPic is a free picture hosting site (ad supported) and is not associated with this forum.

To use: Click on the Tinypic link above; Browse for your picture; Select and Open; Upload Now; Copy the Direct Link for Layouts; Paste that code in your message.

Postimage hosting site
Postimage is a free picture hosting site (with some ads) and is not associated with this forum.

To use: Click on the Postimage link above; Browse for your picture by clicking on Choose Image.; Select your image and Open; Highlight and Copy the Hotlink for website ; Paste that code in your message.

PLEASE VISIT OUR OTHER SITES:
Feathered Friends The Butterfly Forum The Brugmansia Forum

map_v2.png?u=h2sm&d=9lixPygMc1t0CHHPqCRs

Fatbirder's Top 1000 Birding Websites

The Hummingbird Forum was founded on September 15, 2005
Keeping hummingbirds alive in cold weather
web analytics