<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>return to index  

Unexpected survivors

May 16 2017 at 8:41 PM
Ward  (Login WardDas)
Hummingbird Moderator 2005

I was ripping out dome dead crowns of plants grown from Salvia Allegria seed Kate gave me last year. Two were not so dead they were sprouting from the base and also from some spreading roots. Allegria didn't do well in mid summer heat and humidity but here they are. One more try.

This gets added to list on unprotected returns: Vermillioaire; David Verity; Mexican Petunia; and shockingly Amistad.

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply

Penny
(Login Pennytoo)
Hummingbird Moderator 2005

Re: Unexpected survivors

May 17 2017, 5:51 AM 

Ward stated: This gets added to list on unprotected returns: Vermillioaire; David Verity; Mexican Petunia; and shockingly Amistad.

Wow! Lucky you Ward,! Even thou we had another very mild winter, we had more rain than snow so I think I may have lost a lot of my Agastaches and some greggiis. Not seeing much returning yet. Even some of my coral bells took a hit from staying too wet.
Penny
N.Ton.,NY
USDA hardiness zone 6a
Heat zone 4
Sunset zone 39
North_Tonawanda.gif

Respond to this message   
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>return to index  
Search the Hummingbird Forum using Google search:
TinyPic image hosting site
TinyPic is a free picture hosting site (ad supported) and is not associated with this forum.

To use: Click on the Tinypic link above; Browse for your picture; Select and Open; Upload Now; Copy the Direct Link for Layouts; Paste that code in your message.

Postimage hosting site
Postimageis a free picture hosting site (with some ads) and is not associated with this forum.

To use: Click on the Postimage link above; Browse for your picture by clicking on Choose Image.; Select your image and Open; Highlight and Copy the Direct Link ; Paste that code in your message.

PLEASE VISIT OUR OTHER SITES:
Feathered Friends Helpful Tips The Bug Forum The Butterfly Forum The Brugmansia Forum

map_v2.png?u=h2sm&d=9lixPygMc1t0CHHPqCRs

Fatbirder's Top 1000 Birding Websites

The Hummingbird Forum was founded on September 15, 2005
Keeping hummingbirds alive in cold weather
web analytics