<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>return to index  

Love this hummingbird cam!

August 11 2017 at 10:49 AM

Nathan  (Login nmotz06)
Hummingbird lover 2013

Why hasn't this been in my life sooner? -> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MCV2FnN9Wxs

I was watching for like 2 minutes when an adult male Magnificent showed up. Lots of Selasphorus species right now too.
Nathan Motz
Deridder, LA

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
Nancy Newfield
(Login humband1)
Hummingbird Member 2005

Re: Love this hummingbird cam!

August 11 2017, 12:04 PM 

Nathan, this is just about the best cam that I've seen. It is only active during the spring through fall months. Last October, it recorded the first US record of Amethyst-throated Hummingbird. I think that late last summer was the first time it was up.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Nancy L Newfield
Casa Colibrí
Metairie, LA USA
nancy@casacolibri.net
Find more about Weather in Metairie, LA
Click for weather forecast

Joe M.
(Login flhummer)
Hummingbirder 2012

August 11 2017, 2:29 PM 

I too saw the Magnificent at 1:01 EDT.
Seems to making scheduled stops at the feeder. Feeding on a left side port when I saw him.
Joe M.
Sturbridge, MA

Joni
(Login Yodlei44)
Hummingbirder 2008

August 13 2017, 6:27 PM 

I think someone posted that in another thread before but I had forgotten about it. I had watched the DC Eagle Cam the past couple of years but this year they added sound & their website went wacky & words were over the pictures & couldn't see the blogs talking about the babies anymore so I gave up.

I like watching any kind of animals videos. If you want a laugh, go on YouTube & search for the Parrots that cuss or sing like celebrities. Funny sounds from French Bulldogs are also very good.

Joni
Elwood, IL
Zone 5b
[linked image]

Joe M.
(Login flhummer)
Hummingbirder 2012

August 14 2017, 12:46 PM 

Just a note for all like myself that enjoy watching, this Cam.
I'm always challenged by the difficulty in identifying the immature and female by their species. The adult males are fairly easy. Another little challenge is to see if the bird is wearing a band? I've noted more than a few so Nancy's banding brethren must set up shop and spend some time nearby and do their "thing"!
Joe M.
Sturbridge, MA

Nancy Newfield
(Login humband1)
Hummingbird Member 2005

August 14 2017, 10:46 PM 

Joe, the cam is hosted by bander Kelly Bryan at his home in the Davis Mountains of West Texas. The last humbander's conference was held there. Unfortunately, I was not able to participate.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Nancy L Newfield
Casa Colibrí
Metairie, LA USA
nancy@casacolibri.net
Find more about Weather in Metairie, LA
Click for weather forecast

Respond to this message   
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>return to index  
Search the Hummingbird Forum using Google search:
TinyPic image hosting site
TinyPic is a free picture hosting site (ad supported) and is not associated with this forum.

To use: Click on the Tinypic link above; Browse for your picture; Select and Open; Upload Now; Copy the Direct Link for Layouts; Paste that code in your message.

Postimage hosting site
Postimage is a free picture hosting site (with some ads) and is not associated with this forum.

To use: Click on the Postimage link above; Browse for your picture by clicking on Choose Image.; Select your image and Open; Highlight and Copy the Hotlink for website ; Paste that code in your message.

PLEASE VISIT OUR OTHER SITES:
Feathered Friends Helpful Tips The Bug Forum The Butterfly Forum The Brugmansia Forum

map_v2.png?u=h2sm&d=9lixPygMc1t0CHHPqCRs

Fatbirder's Top 1000 Birding Websites

The Hummingbird Forum was founded on September 15, 2005
Keeping hummingbirds alive in cold weather
web analytics