<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Hummingbird video - 8-12-17

August 12 2017 at 4:37 PM
Carol Trego  (Login Imcarol)
Hummingbird Lover 2017

I took a ride today and stopped at the house where a woman has some hummingbird feeders and there is usually RT hummer activity. We were not disappointed. It was in the afternoon when the activity is low. Early morning and evening activity is better but I live 50 miles away from my house (near Tower City, PA) and don't get up there on a regular basis. The video starts out with just one feeder. I then moved my camera to where more feeders are located. The hummers pay no attention to the owner who says she goes through 14 lbs. of sugar a week. My sister was with me and never saw hummer activity like this. I was glad to show them to her. The video is a little shaky at times because the camera lens was out all the way and gets a little heavy for me. After I got home, we saw the weather changed and a tornado was possible in that area.

https://youtu.be/Wff76GPigPs

Carol Trego
New Cumberland, Pennsylvania USA
Zone 6b

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
Indy Steve
(Login SteveWnindy)
Hummingbird lover 2007

Re: Hummingbird video - 8-12-17

August 12 2017, 4:50 PM 

Nice hummer action for sure,, 14 lbs of sugar a week , wow! I have a large feeder like the large ones in video actually have it hanging now. Refreshed a half gal of liquid today, dont do that everyday.
Steve
Martinsville In.
Zone 6

Find more about Weather in Martinsville, IN
Click for weather forecast

Carol Trego
(Login Imcarol)
Hummingbird Lover 2017

August 12 2017, 6:34 PM 

Here are some hummers at the feeders from today.

RT hummers at feeder
Hummers at feeder 8.12.17

Carol Trego
New Cumberland, Pennsylvania USA
Zone 6b

Joni
(Login Yodlei44)
Hummingbirder 2008

Re: Hummingbird video - 8-12-17

August 13 2017, 5:57 PM 

Nice, Carol! I had pretty good action days in a row a few days ago but found action dwindled some while out all day yesterday. Hope it is just a lull. My best action is normally the first 2 weeks in Sept.

BTW, did you notice the feathers on the one with it's back facing the camera. Reminds me of chipping paint in a way. Must be molting I assume.

Joni
Elwood, IL
Zone 5b
[linked image]

Respond to this message   
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
Search the Hummingbird Forum using Google search:
TinyPic image hosting site
TinyPic is a free picture hosting site (ad supported) and is not associated with this forum.

To use: Click on the Tinypic link above; Browse for your picture; Select and Open; Upload Now; Copy the Direct Link for Layouts; Paste that code in your message.

Postimage hosting site
Postimage is a free picture hosting site (with some ads) and is not associated with this forum.

To use: Click on the Postimage link above; Browse for your picture by clicking on Choose Image.; Select your image and Open; Highlight and Copy the Hotlink for website ; Paste that code in your message.

PLEASE VISIT OUR OTHER SITES:
Feathered Friends The Butterfly Forum The Brugmansia Forum

map_v2.png?u=h2sm&d=9lixPygMc1t0CHHPqCRs

Fatbirder's Top 1000 Birding Websites

The Hummingbird Forum was founded on September 15, 2005
Keeping hummingbirds alive in cold weather
web analytics