<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>return to index  

Joe M.
(Login flhummer)
Hummingbirder 2012

Re: Last of the stragglers

September 8 2017, 12:02 PM 

Posted my last straggler photos on the Irma Thread since it was a mixed msg.
Joe M.
Lakeland, FL

Indy Steve
(Login SteveWnindy)
Hummingbird lover 2007

September 8 2017, 2:35 PM 

My current male who has been here for several days appears to be knapping. Guess thats a clue to the inactivity in my area.

2dZ8EEh.jpg
Steve
Martinsville In.
Zone 6

Find more about Weather in Martinsville, IN
Click for weather forecast

Indy Steve
(Login SteveWnindy)
Hummingbird lover 2007

September 8 2017, 6:51 PM 

My current male hummer is steadfast and bold not to be hurried by me. This afternoon I was out back working on removing the used up tomato plants , raking and weed cutting and such spent a good hour out there in the area where the male likes to perch and Im thinking he most likely took the hint and moved on. Not so hes back on his perch , at least I will have him one more night.
Steve
Martinsville In.
Zone 6

Indy Steve
(Login SteveWnindy)
Hummingbird lover 2007

September 9 2017, 12:48 PM 

Sadly I have to report that my male has moved on, currently only seeing an occasional hummer visit my flowers and feeders.
Steve
Martinsville In.
Zone 6

Joe M.
(Login flhummer)
Hummingbirder 2012

September 9 2017, 4:24 PM 

It was only a matter of time Steve. Sorry to hear your Male has finally departed.
I am also down to a bird or two but that's normal for this location when I leave for FL in early Sep.
Unusual that we have had much cooler temps here the past several weeks, high 40's overnight and mid 60's during the day. That's about 10 degrees below normal here.
That of course would prompt the birds to head south sooner but our temps don't seem to be the major factor in their departure south, seems that other factors come into play. Daylight hours, temps, insect availability among a few that that come to mind.

Joe M.
Lakeland, FL

Joe M.
(Login flhummer)
Hummingbirder 2012

September 10 2017, 7:05 AM 

Sep 10, 7AM and a few newcomers showed up early morning.
Only saw 3 yesterday, and a few minutes ago counted 5 at the feeders.
Unusually, 3 around the little humm-blossom out front.
We just might leave more behind this year as we get on the road tomorrow for the "sunshine" state?
Joe M.
Lakeland, FL

< Previous Page 1 2 Next >
  Respond to this message   
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>return to index  
Search the Hummingbird Forum using Google search:
TinyPic image hosting site
TinyPic is a free picture hosting site (ad supported) and is not associated with this forum.

To use: Click on the Tinypic link above; Browse for your picture; Select and Open; Upload Now; Copy the Direct Link for Layouts; Paste that code in your message.

Postimage hosting site
Postimage is a free picture hosting site (with some ads) and is not associated with this forum.

To use: Click on the Postimage link above; Browse for your picture by clicking on Choose Image.; Select your image and Open; Highlight and Copy the Hotlink for website ; Paste that code in your message.

PLEASE VISIT OUR OTHER SITES:
Feathered Friends The Butterfly Forum The Brugmansia Forum

map_v2.png?u=h2sm&d=9lixPygMc1t0CHHPqCRs

Fatbirder's Top 1000 Birding Websites

The Hummingbird Forum was founded on September 15, 2005
Keeping hummingbirds alive in cold weather
web analytics